Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't Worry, It's Perfectly Safe!

So says this new customer after I ask where his circuit panel is. He's proud that he did it himself in so little time. I suppose the 2 cut but live wires at the left box are the least of my problems.

wow thats simply amazing, how much does he charge for sidework? ive been thinking abt having my service upgraded to 200 amps

IF (and that is a big word) I did any work for this guy, I would let him run my power lines for me. And write in the contract that he is supplying the power to the disconnect or the j-box by the furnace. And also that any issues caused by power problems are not my responsibility.

Honestly, I would probably walk away.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

is there ever any reason a building inspector would walk down there?

Exclamation

Geez!! I guess the owner thought he was doing something really good and safe to save money. I agree with others, WALK AWAY before you get blamed for something the owner did. Or make sure everything is documented like you said. One of my partners walked into one of these situations and was zapped due to miswiring like this, we don't have that customer anymore because he won't pay for an electrician--he couldn't see shelling out to pay to fix things he thought were no big deal.
    Psalm 51:10, 12

It's a Goodman electrical service!

how long do u think till that house burns down i hope they have smoke detectors.wow

Quote Originally Posted by Punky View Post
    He's proud that he did it himself in so little time..
    Some people are proud of their own poop.

Never mind that it stinks.

That's one job that needs the meter pulled and everything down from it ripped out and done over correctly.

Wow, wire nuts and everything.......

He must be a handy guy, why would he need you there??
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

here we go with the goodman thing again--I myself -If I do the install of a goodman unit have had NO propblems- it is the goodmans out there that the part house sold to people who shouldn't be sold to that have the problems and that can be with any unit

Quote Originally Posted by ldmth44 View Post
    zapped due to miswiring like this.
    We had a guy who did his own wiring for a new Lennox furnace. Now he has dirty power problems and it's trashing his SureLight boards and ignitors. He's on his 5th set in 1 yr 2 months now...

Thank God I wasn't there for anything electrical! But I do document with pictures when needed... just for working next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punky View Post
    We had a guy who did his own wiring for a new Lennox furnace. Now he has dirty power problems and it's trashing his SureLight boards and ignitors. He's on his 5th set in 1 yr 2 months now...

Thank God I wasn't there for anything electrical! But I do document with pictures when needed... just for working next to it.
    I guess the word polarity isn't even in his vocabulary. I love DIY'ers, makes me money!
    Psalm 51:10, 12

[QUOTE=papa_jo;1957126]here we go with the goodman thing again--I myself -If I do the install of a goodman unit have had NO propblems- it is the goodmans out there that the part house sold to people who shouldn't be sold to that have the problems and that can be with any unit[/QUOTE

You Get What You Inspect...Not What You Expect

I Installed Three new 5-ton splits on the same job....two of the three ahu arrived flat...Whos to blame? Dont know , dont care...traded them for new ones. Great units to this day..@ 2 yrs
    Local 234
    Have Gauge$ Will Travel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast