The Local Pool Supply Warehouse

Sorry for not being around too much lately. I've been innundated by hacktards.

Our local pool supply warehouse called in with no A/C so I went out to see what's up. The manager/owner was giving me a quick tour of what was where. He said he thought it was the contactor and had replaced it himself. He didn't know what the wire left over was for (start cap common for compressor). The first picture shows the inside of a fully closed greenhouse. (remember this) Do you see the condenser? I don't.

Go closer.

The coil had no access whatsoever and was completely soild with crap. Thats a Ruud from 1982 by the way.

Here's the view of the unit under the deck from the cellar window.

And the beauty of furnace that runs the whole works. Love the condensate pump collector pan and the pool hose condensate line!

He decided on a new unit on the roof after replacing the t-stat, circuit board, and installing the correct contactor wired the way it's supposed to be.

Oddly enough, the Ruud runs like a champ. Just doesn't cool really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punky View Post
    Sorry for not being around too much lately. I've been innundated by hacktards.

Our local pool supply warehouse called in with no A/C so I went out to see what's up. The manager/owner was giving me a quick tour of what was where. He said he thought it was the contactor and had replaced it himself. He didn't know what the wire left over was for (start cap common for compressor). The first picture shows the inside of a fully closed greenhouse. (remember this) Do you see the condenser? I don't.

Go closer.

The coil had no access whatsoever and was completely soild with crap. Thats a Ruud from 1982 by the way.

Here's the view of the unit under the deck from the cellar window.

And the beauty of furnace that runs the whole works. Love the condensate pump collector pan and the pool hose condensate line!

He decided on a new unit on the roof after replacing the t-stat, circuit board, and installing the correct contactor wired the way it's supposed to be.

Oddly enough, the Ruud runs like a champ. Just doesn't cool really well.
    DUHH!!!!! What was the installer thinking???
    Psalm 51:10, 12