any negative about the lennex xp13 hp?

I got a great quote today.
    So far the cheapest quote I have gotton. Seems like a good deal.

All the other companies keep pushing the goodman systems and this company is doing the lennox systems.

I am going on the lower end.. just for cost reasons... the system is all R410 and the xp13 hp..

is it an ok heatpump....
    I am going electric heat strip too...
    basically new hp, furnace and thermostat.. all lennox brand

Presuming the contractors involved in the bidding process all performed Manuals D & J calculations, either Goodman or Lennox products will do the trick as long as they are installed properly.

Why are you interested in the lower end product anyway? I know the economy sucks right now, but understand you are making an INVESTMENT in your home. Just a suggestion, but look at some better grade equipment.

its pretty much all my budget can afford, and my house is so small... all 4 quotes i've gotton so far said that it wouldnt really be all the beneficial going with the higher end unit for cost savings

only 1 didnt do the calculations.... they seemed shady though

but i am still getting mixed sizes.. 2 ton and 2.5 ton.

The last two recommended 2.5 ton and the guy seemed really knowledgable

With what air handler? If v/s isn't in the budget, the CB27UH would be a nice one as it still has a high-efficiency blower motor (gets the XP13-030 to 12.5 EER/15.0 SEER/8.2 HSPF and the XP13-024 to 13.0 EER/15.5 SEER/8.5 HSPF).

I'd be asking some contractors in the area what they offer for "same as cash" financing. Always some distributor offering it at any given time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    With what air handler? If v/s isn't in the budget, the CB27UH would be a nice one as it still has a high-efficiency blower motor (gets the XP13-030 to 12.5 EER/15.0 SEER/8.2 HSPF and the XP13-024 to 13.0 EER/15.5 SEER/8.5 HSPF).
    I have enough cash to pay for it so I am buying it right out..

I am not sure which exact model of the heatpump it is.. but its an xp13 and the air handler is a CBX27UH
    The documentation he gave me says efficiency ratings up to15 seer and 8.20 HSPF
    The system uses R410 and all i know about the thermostat is that its a lennox digital one... not more than that. He said its a matched system
    1 year labor warrenty and 5 year parts
    This company was recommended by my friends mom, who is a realtor and was my realtor and she owns about 6 rental properties and have used them before.

Also, my last guy just left and he was way too much.. but this guy recommended a 2 ton system and he just did a couple measurements and that was it.. he didnt calculate anything.. maybe he's a math genious... i dunno and did it in his head.. but all the other guys would be pounding on the calculator and measured my windows and stuff...

Okay, not a variable-speed air handler but still not a bad one. It gives better efficiency ratings than the variable-speed model; though the variable-speed blower does have advantages.

The cheapest quote is not always the best. Especially in this industry. First time I have heard of Lennox being cheaper then Goodman. We have installed many XP13's and we have had good luck with them.

If your house requires 2 tons for cooling.
    And your installing a heat pump. Its fine to go with a 2.5 ton heat pump.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by jjer View Post
    The cheapest quote is not always the best. Especially in this industry. First time I have heard of Lennox being cheaper then Goodman. We have installed many XP13's and we have had good luck with them.
    ok. i called him back and its the xp13-030 heatpump

and like I said... my realtor/friends mom recommended them she's used them a few times on her properties and I trust her judgement

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Okay, not a variable-speed air handler but still not a bad one. It gives better efficiency ratings than the variable-speed model; though the variable-speed blower does have advantages.
    What would those advantages be?

-Ability to maintain correct CFM up to a certain static pressure
    -Ability to control humidity better if setup to do so
    -Energy savings (though the X13 in the CBX27UH is also an ECM motor)

Just to name a few.

thanks for all the comments
    You really helped me feel comfortable about getting this system installed