Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    To sum it up:GET USED TO IT.The only thing anyone ever fears are the things they don't understand.
    If we all simply "get used to things" there would be no need for this forum

Wrong my friend.We offer tech support to one.Something is only as hard as you make it.I cannot make you to the point to where you accept the fact and relize that it is not a big deal.You must not have worked on 410 systems before.I am not insulting you by the way.

Change is inevitable.

Get use to it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by ampulman View Post
    J. D. Perkins stated:

"I think we made it through the R-12 and R-502 phase out ok."

Re: the 502. Just curious, I worked with very low temperature equipment (freeze drying) many years ago which used 502. Is there a drop-in replacement?

AM
    408A is one.
    "Luck is what happens when preperation meets opportunity."

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

stop worrying and get a little more training on 410. The change is something that has been underway for years and though there will be bumps along the road it should not be a big deal. From a Techs perspective the manufacturers are the folks who have the hassles. If one of my customers needs a new system I guide them to a 410 system. If they have a fairly new R22 system I don;t have any problem repairing it for them knowing it can give them many more years of service and parts will be available. you can still purchase R-12, 502 and other obsolete refrigerants. They are expensive but available.

with POE education will be more important especially for installers who don't purge with N2 or pull vacuums. (just about every installer in the florida panhandle) the names and faces have changed but the principles of refrigeration are the same.

You cant vent it for the same reason you cant vent 134a, the global warming potential. 410a has about 1700 X the global waming potential of carbon dioxide.

Co2 Gwp=1
    R22 Gwp=1700
    R410a Gwp=1890
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    410A is not ventable it must be recoverd also. The major difference is R-22 is a HCFC and 410 is an HFC there is no chlorine witch is what hurts the ozone. even after 2010 compressors for R-22 will still be allowed to be manufatured and will still be readily available. And R-22 will still be manufatured but with a 65% decrease in production. even though 410A runs at higher pressures it is still safe for use in homes.
    Thanks Tiger93RSL. Your answer is right on the money! Some of discussion treads seemed to sway from my topic while others spoke about the past and present rather than the future. A few decided to challenge my creditability but for the most part, I'm pleased with this discussion forum.

For those who need to know my experience, I have been a Verizon HVAC for 25 years with 10 years of residential experience prior to Verizon and I hold a masters degree (MSM) in management.

Again Tiger93RSL Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2seamaster View Post
    I think Philkawa had some good questions. I would like to know what you mean by drop in referigrant, and why isn't the home industry using 134 as it works good in my auto.
    May be mistaken but believe Carrier produced some R134a residential units for a year or two before they brought out R410a.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

R22 equipment can still be manufactured, it just can't have any R22 in it, basically making it a big part. Don't know if any manufacturer's are going to seek this market, but it is not illegal.

R410a pressures are not more dangerous then R22 pressures are. By the way, the reaction to the higher pressures of R22 compared to what was being used when R22 was developed was the same; "oh nooooo....we're all gonna die because of the high pressures of R22!". If anything, the higher pressures should make it easier to find those pesky little leaks faster, before they become big dangerous leaks.

As for "why recover"? R410a is not supposed to be as harmful to the atmosphere as R22, but is still not something we want to be breathing. You don't see signs reading; "Don't pee in the pool, unless you have really weak pee!" do ya?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

That's why we are ............

Aren't you'll going to add educational Tread for one these reasons ?
    Matt 7:12 The Golden Rule
    "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This summary of all is taught in the law and the prophets.

The prblem was we were mis informed from the beginning about line sets and switching out systems . I remember when the pureon guys said you have to change everything or else Now its ok to just flush it .... Go figure
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    R22 equipment can still be manufactured, it just can't have any R22 in it, basically making it a big part. Don't know if any manufacturer's are going to seek this market, but it is not illegal.

Ive installed six 10ton units this summer so far. All came filled with helium instead of R22.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast