Hybrid View

Is 2/4TEE air handler with builtin Clean Effects Better?

For a Trane XL15i or XL16i system, is the 2/4TEE air handler with the builtin Clean Effects better or worse than getting the separate Clean Effects unit?

Pros and Cons?

Also, is it normally best to get the 2/4TEE air handler that offers the most cooling capacity that still matches the nominal tons of the outdoor unit and can fit in the space designated? Likely a lot more to it that that I suppose.

See http://www.trane.com/Residential/pro...ableSpeed.aspx as one source of my confusion besides the fact that I have gotten conflicting info from the salesmen and what I have read.

Thanks, Dave

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Built in is not as effiecient,likely needs cleaning more often as the collector is not as thick.

Coil size,go for the higher SEER match ,with a TXV .

I agree with Dash, I will only install the integrated air handler if there is not enough room to install the seperate filter assembly.

Also as for the air handler the contractor should look at the ARI ratings for the different comnbinations and use the combo that is best for your area. The cooling and heating capacity (on a heat pump) will vary with different air handlers.

I know TXV is thermal expansion valve, but is that not standard on the upper end systems? Is it something optional or just depends on the individual air handler? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by codeslinger View Post
    I know TXV is thermal expansion valve, but is that not standard on the upper end systems? Is it something optional or just depends on the individual air handler? Thanks.
    With the Trane equipment it is standard on all air handlers.

2/4TEE has a TXV from the factory.

Excellent, Thanks!