Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs up

Yeah i never understood this either as a service tech, why do people think that we dont deserve to get paid after constant schooling and seminars that cost out of pocket, and tool investments just to skim the top, just because we wear work boots and get down and dirty doesnt mean that we have three teeth in our face and can barely read or write

professionals get paid and we are just like doctors, lawyers, and engineers

we're heating and cooling "doctors" and professionals

put some brass tacks in the bottom of your boots, stand in a bucket of water, and change that capacitor yourself standing under an umbrella

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklabelman1 View Post
    Yeah i never understood this either as a service tech, why do people think that we dont deserve to get paid after constant schooling and seminars that cost out of pocket, and tool investments just to skim the top, just because we wear work boots and get down and dirty doesnt mean that we have three teeth in our face and can barely read or write

put some brass tacks in the bottom of your boots, stand in a bucket of water, and change that capacitor yourself standing under an umbrella
    Hey I can't read or write.

It's because of poeple like him I like commercial you go ,you fix and you leave and the office bills and fights with them.

hey cheapass dude how do you know its cheaper on line you dont even know witch one you need

if he isn't a troll then he is the dumbest SOB I have seen in awhile to come HERE to cry.

[QUOTE=Blacklabelman1;1954600]Yeah i never understood this either as a service tech, why do people think that we dont deserve to get paid after constant schooling and seminars that cost out of pocket, and tool investments just to skim the top, just because we wear work boots and get down and dirty doesnt mean that we have three teeth in our face and can barely read or write

I will give you the answer that the tech's where I work at were given a few weeks ago by a Navy Admiral and a manager with a doctorate (SES). Most tech's there, like me are are nuclear trained civilian techs.. among electricle, electronics and mechanical engineering tech's (sic)

"A technicians job is explained in writing, procedures, schematic's, print's drawing's etc. Although you have talent, you and others can be trained to follow procedures." I quote from the admiral. Experience comes with training and time, BUT, you are only worth so much $$$ an hour, then you move on as an owner (JR BENNY??) I could be wrong with the JR example, get a degree, or move to management.

They went on to say how management has a 20% grey area, where nothing is written down and they have to develop procedures\make decisions, and that is why they make more money than a "Tech".

They went on and on with real life examples of regular tech's, HIGHLY paid techs, management and technical Engineers. Bottom line, if "tech" was in your job description, you are in the middle of life's food chain. It seemed "management" or anything but tech in your job description was what was required to earn the so-called big bucks.

Please dont kill the messenger here. I do NOT agree with them. I work with government techs as well as civillian techs, many are in HVAC, we all disagreed with the "Experts" opinion. The experts claim, since the job market is flooded with people with degree's, they are above the average person by virtue of having a degree, so why not hire and train them? Super Tech's? ))

PS I know a LOT of idiots with a degree! I work with some! They still seem to be the higher up's favorites, cause, they have a degree......LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123