Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Interesting install

Not sure WOS material but unique. In Copper Harbor MI, the tip of the Keweenaw peninsula of the UP so cool but humid. On a restaurant I'm guessing it serves the kitchen.

Anybody guess the brand? No longer made, mobile home unit of the 70s. Check out the return, pulling in outside air. That's why I'm guessing makeup air for the kitchen!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I'll guess Coleman. What do I win?

That may be a pricey way to temper the make up air!

I thought he meant brand no longer made.
    So my guess is OTHER THAN Coleman/Intertherm/Nordyne etc
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Figure up here, average high temp is barely 70s.

Very good payson, it is something besides Nordyne & Coleman

My guess is Armstrong, or National.

I remember working on one that looked just like that 25 or so years ago. Installed on a trailer by a trailer service company. Problem was the evaporator icing up.

The trailer installing company sent me out (young, poor and stupid) to fix the problem.

In those days, they set the unit on a few patio blocks, ran some romex from the panel, and cut a hole in the floor of the hallway for an about 20" x 20" return. This was connected to the unit by a 14" or 16" flex duct; the supply was cut into the furnace supply duct. Cheap and dirty.

I still remember crawling under the trailer, through the cat and dog sh#t, to check out the ductwork. Turns out, the return flex duct took such a hard 90 up to the return, it was pinched off.

Fixed the problem, went back to trailer place, and talked to the owner's son. Like a dope, I told him it was improper installation. He went ballistic... MY FATHER INSTALLED THAT UNIT AND HE CAN DO NO WRONG!!! YOU ARE A $%###@^^%$, AND WILL NEVER WORK FOR US AGAIN.

Anyway I checked on the trailer owner's a week or so later, and the unit was working fine.

TWO THINGS I LEARNED FROM THAT-

1) Never tell the person or company that is going to pay the bill, they fu#ked up. Slide them the sweet lie so they can blame someone else, and you get paid.

2) Don't work on trailers.

Do I get a prize, do I, do I?
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by baub View Post
    TWO THINGS I LEARNED FROM THAT-

1) Never tell the person or company that is going to pay the bill, they fu#ked up. Slide them the sweet lie so they can blame someone else, and you get paid.

2) Don't work on trailers.

Do I get a prize, do I, do I?
    Amen on that!
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Not sure WOS material but unique. In Copper Harbor MI, the tip of the Keweenaw peninsula of the UP so cool but humid. On a restaurant I'm guessing it serves the kitchen.

Anybody guess the brand? No longer made, mobile home unit of the 70s. Check out the return, pulling in outside air. That's why I'm guessing makeup air for the kitchen!
    westinghouse nahh they still make em how bout general electric

Eubank?

I have a couple old 70's sears catalogs with that unit in them, they were advertised for trailer purposes, only go up to three tons in the catalog and were for cooling only.

EER on the unit was around 5 something. The sears best high efficiency condensing unit from the 1977 catalog with a service sentinal monitor and two speed fan was rated at 9 eer, probably pretty good efficiency back then.

Looks like a true Luxaire which is now coleman.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

Williamson!

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Williamson!
    Buzz!!! WRONG!

I've seen these around here on older homes, I can't think of the name of it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Buzz!!! WRONG!

I've seen these around here on older homes, I can't think of the name of it tho.
    Now that I look at it again.........the color is correct, but a Williamson has the name in metal script on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast