Thread: Conceptual scheme HVAC systems of gipermarkets

Post Likes

Conceptual scheme HVAC systems of gipermarkets

Hallo all. First of all exuse my terrible english. My native language is russian.
    Our country is isolated from rest of word in HVAC designing (but we have modern equipment, 'cause buy it abroad). All these are the reason to register in this forum.

Can you say, which scheme do you use when you design ventilation, air condition, heating etc.

Thank you, in every case.

Post Likes
    Hello Artem, Gipermarket does not translate very well. Could you give a description?

Post Likes

Gipermarket...

It's the Russian term for a hypermarket which is similar to our Super Walmart stores.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hypermarket

Here's a very good study that demonstrates the importance of designing a totally integrated system of HVAC and Refrigeration for the entire store:

http://www.ornl.gov/~webworks/cppr/y...isc/116720.pdf

The current trend here in the States is for Eco-Friendly stores. We have a certifications program called LEED. Google it and you'll find some good information on what is going on over here.

Post Likes
    I am working in the Super W style type stores now. I have seen a moving torwards water source heatpumps with cooling towers for bothe the refrigeration rack and comfort cooling. The refrigeration racks also add heat to the system during the winter months before energizing a boiler. The condenser loop setpoint is always reset based upon outdoor conditions for optimal conditions. VFDs are added to all pumps and towers. Some stores add in floor cooling loops to provide subcooling in the hot climates where humidity is not a large factor. evaporation cooling towers are common due to the high efficency values.

Post Likes
    Thank for yours answers. (I need a time to understand yours answers)
    The information in pdf file is interesting. I'll study it.
    In Ukraine for designing of HVAC system use only two conceptual scheme: first - The rooftops with integrated refrigerate loop (we call it compressor-condenser unit) (air-water) are installed on the roof of the building. They supply the bulding by fresh air. It has the duct of recirculation air and it cool air or heat air. The air after rooftop across the duct system is distribute to vortex diffusors. That's all. Second type is differ from fist one only absence of duct system.
    I don't understand what's VFD... Heat pumps we started to use only few years ago and use it for small domestic homes (cottedges). The cost of gas in Ukraine is too small (about 200$ for 1000 m^3), 'cause heat pumps is not effective decision
    for us. But now the cost gas is grow every year.
    Also we have no any teoretic materials for designing systems with heat pumps. To persuade the investors to install heat pumps is very difficult mission, because we have no experiance.
    Also I heard about active and passive chilled beams, VAV, DCV ventilation - these are very interesting theme for me. Have you experience to design HVAC systems with this functions (elements)? Is it effective systems (I mean DCV)? if to assume that a gas price is 200$, will there be an income?

Have anyone some information about designing modern HVAC system? It should be excellent.

Sorry to the enormous amount of questions. Just very interesting to know experience of other countries in HVAC inustry. THANKS TO ALL.

Post Likes
    Here is a good chance to learn more english
    http://www.ornl.gov/~webworks/cppr/y...isc/116720.pdf

VFD is variable frequency drive. Take a 460 volt motor and adjust motor rpm for 0 to over full rated speed.

Do our Russian counterparts a favor. When all is said and done. Make sure they have low voltage power available near the rooftop units to run the equipment they need. And if air to refrigerant condensors are used, they will need water on the roof to clean the units.

Post Likes
    I have attached a .pdf file which describes what many supermarkets are doing here in this country with custom built rooftop HVAC package units.

You will note the separation of the cooling system for the fresh air intake from the return air from the store. This is for more efficient dehumidification. High humidity is a supermarket will greatly increase the operating cost of the refrigeration in the store.

Also note the heat reclaim coils after the cooling sections. These are designed to utilize the waste heat from the refrigeration to heat the store air and for dehumidification reheat requirements.

Another aspect of integrating the air conditioning and refrigeration in a supermarket is to use the cooling from the refrigerated display cases to your advantage in the air conditioning system. This case greatly reduce the cooling capacity required for a store and increase the shopper's comfort in the cold aisles of the store. I have seen typical equipment sizing reductions of 30-40% by taking case cooling credits into account when performing the calculations for a market.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in