Confused Furnace A/C brands What's better???

Confused. I have had estimates from various contractors and brands trying to make informed decisions. I was leaning towards a Lennox product. Liked the contractor and felt I was getting a good product. Got references, and all told everybody had a good experience. One HVAC professional I know felt that even though he didn't deal with Lennox, that they were good and that the dealers are taught and held to a high standard. That's great for the consumer (me), right?? Well my dad decided to call a few people he knew that have worked or are working in the HVAC field. They warned against Lennox because of the uniqueness of the systems. In other words, parts will be harder to get and if in the middle of a cold winter night the heat goes, PSE&G (local gas and electric company) will not be able to fix it because of it's unique parts. They suggested going for a brand like Rheem or Comfortmaker or something for which parts will be more universal. Thoughts??

Why would you call them instead of the company that installed your Lennox furnace?
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I guess the point my dad was making was that in the middle of the night, if my system were to fail, my local Lennox guy may not be answering his phone. PSE&G (Public Service Electric and Gas), with whom we have a special contract as they are our gas and elect. supplier, would come out in the middle of the night (24 hr. service) and would not have parts to fix a Lennox. Make sense?? Would it be expected that my Lennox, dealer/installer, would have 24 hour service?

Most good companies offer 24 hour service. If they are a Lennox dealer they probably have quick access to parts. I typically can have any Lennox part the next day if it is not on the van

Most HVAC contractors have 24 hour emergency service.
    Many also offer factory 10 year parts and Labor warranties that you can buy, for piece of mind.

Very doubtfull you local gas company has parts for 3 stage Carrier Infinities, Or Tranes new 3 stage.
    They may not have parts for Yorks mod furnace, or Rheems mod furnace either.

I don't deal Lennox, but I can get any lennox part I need, if its in stock.
    True, The Lennox dealer is where I get the part, but I can get it.

I'm sure there is more then 1 Lennox dealer in your area.
    If 1 doesn't have a part, one of the others most likely would.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?