Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by meoberry View Post
    Never heard of that brand. I found the problems start after the condensor gets plugged up. I guess the high temp or heat does something to the oil or refrigerant. I always believed that dupont shoved this stuff down our throats without proper testing. I don't even have the stuff in my personal truck. It runs 401a cools alot better. I am going to try hot shot in it next because of high head pressure with 401a.
    I am a bit confused. If it is the oil you are concerned about, why would changing the refrigerant stop the cap tube from clogging up?

Post Likes
    out of warranty 409a works great also know man who worked for school system swore by using 22 in 134 systems never had problems

Post Likes
    Well i agree that it wont stop the cap tube up nearly as bad in my experiences. If u take a look at a temperature chart might clear things up better than i describe!

Post Likes
    cant we just go back to r-12 and mineral oil??

time to take back what works..
    the frog licking barking humping greenies need a good kick in the arse..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post

Preach it brother!!!!!!!
    B-

Anything is possible with God

Fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency - F. Leghorn

Ain't I a stinker - B. Bunny

\m/ (>.<) \m/ ROCK HARD!!

Post Likes
    It is my understanding (field rep. united refrigeration) that the residue is a sodium based chemical solidified from a high heat condition.It collects in the condenser and there is no known remedy. I too am plagued with this affliction.
    barry

Post Likes
    converted several. 134a to 409a since last posting. and yes changing compressors after a captube plug up. Is a good idea. I have found that the original com. does not last a year after cap tube plugs. valves will fail or bearings seize. I always give the option to the customer. Most customers. Do not want to take a chance on the unit failing again and will go with the compressor along with new cap tubes.

That is a good idea about the drier for an accumulator. i have changed captubes to x-valves before and was a pain to get charge right. Without an accumulator. i have used 3/4 tubing as an accumulator before on small systems. Makes them recover faster.

I do agree. r-12 was much better than this stinking 134a. As for why change freons: lower comp. temps, faster recovery and have not had a cap tube plug in any of the systems I have changed over.The most important part is the customer is happy.

Post Likes
    On another note. I have had systems that have never been into. That have had plugged tubes. So it is not a poor service issue. Rather. a poor refrigerant issue.

Post Likes
    I think you mean receiver not accumulator.... And most of the time plugged or dirt condenser coils will cause your cap tube to plug from your oil cookin.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post

That would be to easy of a fix

Post Likes
    I have noticed that Braziallian Tecumseh compressors seem to have oil in them from the factory that makes lots of wax in the cap tube. I have had excellent luck wireing the fan motor to run 24/7 after the repair. Got 5 years on some of the units post repair sor far. No more clogging.

Post Likes
    POE is garbage regardless of refrigerant type.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenscom View Post
    I have had excellent luck wireing the fan motor to run 24/7 after the repair. Got 5 years on some of the units post repair sor far. No more clogging.
    That almost sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't that just make the condenser get dirtier, and in turn make the cap tube plug up again sooner?

I am thinking of a typical customer here that does no maintenance and only calls when it quits working. For someone who gets regular maintenance, it sounds like a good plan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast