Best mfr ?: quality/reliable Oil Burner & Gas

Hi, I'm having to make a decision to install a new system (replace old), tied to base board forced hot water. I can do gas or oil, considering both. Would like to know the 2 or so top quality mfrs of burner, boiler for both. I'm in Boston climate (heat pump, etc not an option). Thanks, Steve

There is no one best boiler or burner.

Find a good contractor, and have him install teh brand he recomends.
    After all, if it ever breaks, he's its the one he supports and will have parts for.

After all. Nothing worse then gettng a brand someone on the internet recomends. And then the contractor doesn't have parts for it if it breaks. And then find out, no there are no distributors for it, and you have to wait without heat for 3 weeks for a part.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Best mfr ?: quality/reliable Oil Burner & Gas

Beenthere, Thanks very much. I agree completely and have several recommended local contractors coming to review/recommend and quote.
    However, knowing nothing about current mfr's , and knowing that often
    contractors do pick reliable brands but also with the best terms/prices they can deal, I am wondering when I have mfr./brand choices which might be the best. Possibly I should come back to this site with those brands that will be recommended? Thanks, Steve

Come back and ask questions about the boilers and the options that they offer with those boilers.

Along with any questions about sizing.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I am no expert, but I believe a heat pump is indeed an option.

Quote Originally Posted by davisrf View Post
    Hi, I'm having to make a decision to install a new system (replace old), tied to base board forced hot water. I can do gas or oil, considering both. Would like to know the 2 or so top quality mfrs of burner, boiler for both. I'm in Boston climate (heat pump, etc not an option). Thanks, Steve
    Think this through- If a heat pump can heat down to 30 or so and leave the rest to fuels, wouldn't that save you quite a bit?