Thread: trane RAUB300

Exeter Penna.Occupation:servicr tech.hvac

trane RAUB300

im having problems with a tran raub300 condensor locking out on the reset relay. i thought that cond. fan 3 and 4 might not be coming on due to them being controled by an outdoor temp. type switch. i installed a ranko pressure switch to cycle the fans and all seemed well now a week later i get a call back for the same problem. any ideas? also does anyone know how or where to get old trane schematics? i got some via fax from trane but cant read them poor quality. trane is so tough to get anything from.

Did you try the Trane website?

Are the condensor coils clean?

Are the condensor fan bearings ok?
    UA Local 141

What is your is your s.p and s.c and presures

I am sorry i mean S.H not s.p

Quote Originally Posted by muskie44 View Post
    im having problems with a tran raub300 condensor locking out on the reset relay. i thought that cond. fan 3 and 4 might not be coming on due to them being controled by an outdoor temp. type switch. i installed a ranko pressure switch to cycle the fans and all seemed well now a week later i get a call back for the same problem. any ideas? also does anyone know how or where to get old trane schematics? i got some via fax from trane but cant read them poor quality. trane is so tough to get anything from.
    with a full model number we could help with the literature...like on-call said, we need more technical info to help.

good luck.
    When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die - Linken Park

Exeter Penna.Occupation:servicr tech.hvac

raub300

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    Did you try the Trane website?

Are the condensor coils clean?

Are the condensor fan bearings ok?
    yes yes and yes with all 4 fans running and compressor fully loaded at 90 degrees outside air i have 250 over 65 to 70 txv hunts as cylinders load and unload sh and sc are fine. my problem is the reset relay locking the unit out. all thats in that cicuit are the relays contacts, the high press. sensor, a phase monitor, and the compressor overloads. i installed tattletales across everything except the relays contacts being that they will open on any fault. the one that poped before i installed the new control was the hp sensor. im wating to get a call from the customer to go back and see if the high pressure poped again.this is a pump down so im starting to wonder if my problem with the high pressure happens when unit is pumping down.

Quote Originally Posted by muskie44 View Post
    yes yes and yes with all 4 fans running and compressor fully loaded at 90 degrees outside air i have 250 over 65 to 70 txv hunts as cylinders load and unload sh and sc are fine. my problem is the reset relay locking the unit out. all thats in that cicuit are the relays contacts, the high press. sensor, a phase monitor, and the compressor overloads. i installed tattletales across everything except the relays contacts being that they will open on any fault. the one that poped before i installed the new control was the hp sensor. im wating to get a call from the customer to go back and see if the high pressure poped again.this is a pump down so im starting to wonder if my problem with the high pressure happens when unit is pumping down.

You said pump down?

Does the second stage cooling call still exist when your unit is trying to pump down.

If you have 1st and 2nd stage cooling when the unit pumps down and trips the LP switch then the unit will lock out thinking it has a loss of charge.
    UA Local 141