New System - Need some help

Hi All,

I just got a new system installed and was wondering what the normal amount of time is needed to get the house from 80 degrees to 73 on the stat. Its been running for about 10 hours non stop and has not reached 73 yet. I noticed that some of the vents are not blowing a lot of air. I'm guessing the rooms are smaller and they planned it that way, am I right?

I've noticed that a couple of the rooms in my house are pretty cold (comfortable), while others are noticeably warmer. Is this normal until the system evens things out, or could there be a problem somewhere?

I have roughly a 1600 sqft home and the system is a 3 ton Lennox XC13 with a variable speed Lennox blower.

Not sure if I should be patient, or call the installers in the morning.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jrexi

What part of the country are u in?
    "Well done is better than well said."
    Benjamin Franklin

Wow a double post. It all depends on how hot and humid your house was? The system has remove all the humidity from the carpet, furniture and walls, give it some time.
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Yeah Chuck, not sure how that double post happened, I only submitted once, I swear

My house was very hot and humid, we have a high ranch and spend almost all of our time upstairs, and the heat definitely rises in this home. We have hard wood floors throughout, so there's no humidity to remove from carpets.

Gootch, I'm on Long Island in New York.

Thanks for the quick response guys.

That's a lot of A/C for 1600 sq ft. How did they decide on that size?

But it does take quite a while to wring the humidity out of the house, furniture, carpet and cool the house down.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    That's a lot of A/C for 1600 sq ft. How did they decide on that size?

But it does take quite a while to wring the humidity out of the house, furniture, carpet and cool the house down.
    I most likely have the sqft wrong. I had 3 estimates and they all recommended 3 ton.

I'll give it a couple of days and see if things cool off and even out ok before I call the installers. Thanks.

Those hardwood floors will hold humidity.
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules