Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Q: do I have enough wire XL802?

just talk to the installer he wasn't sure if he has enough wire for W2 and common. He is pulling 6 wires..

what should I look for... or should I take a photo? looks like a long day for these guys...and I just wanted W2... they think it's better for the furnace to decide but I am sticking with TSTAT control 2nd stage

TUH2B080A9V3VA XV95 two stage VS
    4TTB3036A1000A XB-13 13 seer (didn't care much about A/C) got two big tree in the yard.
    4TXCB036BC3HCA the coil
    TCONT802AS32DA the brain TSTAT

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178378
    Last edited by Ohouse; 08-06-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: add previous link and what is install

You're right in wanting the thermostat to control the staging. I don't see why 6 wires wouldn't be enough for your setup, even factoring in W2 and C (and Y, G, R, and W1). A picture would help.

do you know what page should I can show to the installer?

I didn't see W2... I guess I can try go dig older threads that may have the correct wiring photo.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    You're right in wanting the thermostat to control the staging. I don't see why 6 wires wouldn't be enough for your setup, even factoring in W2 and C (and Y, G, R, and W1). A picture would help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ohouse; 08-06-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: add photo

There are diagrams in the installation manual, which is what I looked at. It shows the diagram for 2h/1c multistage conventional.

Arrow

I found this on one of the thread http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...fortrfront.jpg

is the 80% one what I am suppose to follow?

There are diagrams in the installation manual, which is what I looked at. It shows the diagram for 2h/1c multistage conventional.

That link is about Comfort-R. If you look on the subbase, you have terminal designations for a conventional heat/cool setup, which is what you have, and a heat pump setup. Your installer should be able to figure this out with the installation manual.

I do not have heat pump so it's just 2h/1c setup. yes, I did ask comfort-R to be turn on. and let TSTAT control the W2. the installer say he did hook up common for me... so I guess I'll test that later.

looks like they wont finish today :-(

That link is about Comfort-R. If you look on the subbase, you have terminal designations for a conventional heat/cool setup, which is what you have, and a heat pump setup. Your installer should be able to figure this out with the installation manual.

R-Power
    C-Common
    Y-Cool
    G-Fan
    W1-1st Stage heat
    W2-2nd Stage heat.

Yes, the 6 wire is good.

As I recall. The terminal above S1 that is marked W1 for heat pump, is W2 for conventional.
    You have enoguh wires for 2H 1C with common.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Nite light feature in XL802

How do I test this feature. I was told if the power wire is hookup correctly this feature should act as night light. or is there a way to turn on/off from the touch pad?

so many wires

Common must be hooked to use that feature.
    And it must be enabled in the installer setup menu.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Installer setup menu in XL 802?

well, I was told common was hooked up. but where is the installer setup menu? is that the under system?

I'll post the photo of TSTAT and the board setup on the thread "Ohouse, is ready for install next week! thax everyone" titled "To be continue..."

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Common must be hooked to use that feature.
    And it must be enabled in the installer setup menu.

If the pic in the 3rd post is your stat, then common has not been connected. If common is not connected you will not have the night light feature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast