gas furnace vent ? in a tight house

Here is a ? question Were building a tight house with spray foam ect. I understand the need for make up air with certain appliances ect. With a Lennox g61V or 71 I understand it vents the exhause outside but what about sucking in fresh air. Do I need to have the intake routed outside so I do not have a pressure imbalance. Thanks for your help.

The professional installing your new system will have all the answers to questions such as that.

Or, are you doing this yourself?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Your dealer should run the intake in for any 90% furnace.

G71 MUST be installed as a 2 pipe system or it will not work right.

all 90% furnaces we install are installed as 2 pipe systems.

Need both Plus you some air to breath as well !!!

Quote Originally Posted by acnoob1 View Post
    Here is a ? question Were building a tight house with spray foam ect. I understand the need for make up air with certain appliances ect. With a Lennox g61V or 71 I understand it vents the exhause outside but what about sucking in fresh air. Do I need to have the intake routed outside so I do not have a pressure imbalance. Thanks for your help.
    Foamed or EE homes must have mechanically induced fresh air for the occupants as well ASHREA 62.2
    AprilAir 8126, Honeywell ????, Or one of your high dollar ERV is a must Trane sales a a couple !!!

will be running two ervs for fresh air, and deciding on how to handle make up air.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    The professional installing your new system will have all the answers to questions such as that.

Or, are you doing this yourself?
    So? Are you? Having an educated professional or doing this yourself?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Dont forget about the combustion air for your water heaters...

I am not doing this, the builder has his HVAC contractor doing the work. I just want to make sure I am educated when I talk to him. I don't need him trying to snow me.

And why would he try to 'snow you'?
    Maybe you should ask him the questions first instead of just assuming you're going to be taken by someone. Ask him what his plans are, ask what's going into your house and how it will work--then, if you have concerns, come here and ask questions.
    You never know dude, the guy may just be waiting for someone to show off to with all his skills and knowledge. Instead of expecting to come up against a homeowner that comes prepared for someone to 'snow him'.

I asked him about resizing the AC system because I had changed from BATT insulation to Spray foam and asked about downsizing the units and he said that there was no need for it. I am having a manual J from a 3rd party done to see what they come up with. So this is why I am trying to learn as much as I can to make sure it is done right.