I am connecting a Honeywell TH8320 Tstat to a Carrier Heat pump system that uses a Carrier FK4 FCU (variable spd fan). The current system has the heat pump with electric elements as emergency/back up, and I have added a hot water coil to the duct that I am using as aux heat. I thought this woud be a no-brainer, but carrier and honeywell seem to use somewhat different terminals. Here are my questions:
(1) Should I use the honeywell "E" to connect to the Carrier W1/W2? so that the electric elements remain the emergency heat?
(2) The "Aux" contacts I am using to energize a 24 v relay that activates the hydronic zone that provides water to the new duct coil (and activates "G" on the fan coil unit to run the fan in slow spd). Does that seem OK?
(3) The honeywell install manual uses different terminology in different parts. On page 10, in the "installer system test" section, refers to stages 1,2,3. Does Stage 1, 2, 3 mean the same thing as Stage 1 = heat pump, Stage 2 = Aux heat, and Stage 3 = emergency heat?
4) Finally, I have been asuming that the variable speed fan will still function in the normal heat pump mode because the circuit for that lives in the FCU vice the carrier thermostat. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help on any or all of the questions,
Eric