+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BTCVT wont talk

Post Likes

BTCVT wont talk

I figure it's not the adapter, must be my BT on my XP laptop. Detects and pairs up fine, won't connect the com port. Using a Lenovo with BT builtin - I figure that should be bulletproof right?? Tried everything to get this da** thing working. Anyone else have these suicidal thoughts?

Post Likes
    You have to use the client applications com port from the bluetooth configuration screen.

Check with your manufacturee and see if there is a driver update, the hp 6910p's have a driver that must beupdated before you can connect with it.

Quick lit. Lit #12011038
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    thx for clearing up the client vs local com port. Still I've tried every possible permutation and combination. Got the latest drivers off the website and still it wanks. Anyone using a plugin USB adapter? IOGear didn't get it done either. Lit references a Dlink adapter, but my research reveals that most all USB adapters use the same drivers . . . broadcom. Is there one out there that surefire works?

Post Likes
    I got it working with my laptop. Here's what I did.
    First off, my laptop has builtin bluetooth. The BTCVT for reasons unknown will not work with the builtin BT. I suspect the computer has resource conflicts with IRQ's and such so . . . I installed a USB Bluetooth adapter in addition to the built in. During the install, I left the adapter out so WinXP would be forced to install the mfr's drivers rather than use it's built in drivers and presto chango it works now.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in