Hybrid View

Infinity zoning questions

Hello all!! First let me say that I am an installer in this great trade, and I've been doing some research that lead me to this site. I want to install a Carrier Infinity zone control system in my parents house. The problem is this, I've been to the carrier website and can't get the info I need. I've never zoned an infinity system before and did a forum search to get some part #'s that I would need. Does anyone know exactly what I need or does someone have a link where I could view products? I'm used to the honeywell trol-a-temp systems. I am not a carrier dealer but could purchase this system from my boss. Oddly enough we are a pretty large carrier dealer and for some reason have never zoned one. I've installed many Infinity systems and they've all worked great. I know how it would be zoned with a trol-a-temp but.... ?'s Do I need two controllers? Do I need remote room sensors? Just how similar or very diferent could this be from a trol-a-temp system?

You gotta get your pro status and post in pro forum....

we can't help you in general forums. Sorry.

As far as zoning.....if you've never installed it, chances are good that your gonna encounter problems. especially when it comes to Carrier Infinity or Lennox Harmony. They are not for the weak hearted or short minded.

Get your post count up and go pro. Tell us a little more about yourself. What do you do? duh....
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

This is a great system. But you need to be properly trained. See if your boss will hook you up with the Carrier TM he may help you

I did a one day training course at Peirce Phelps three years ago. I've been installing and servicing for the last eleven years. I primarily do very high end new construction[15000 sq ft] custom homes. I've zoned 100's of systems just never the Infinity. I'm not the average "duct dude" I know this can be done and it will.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
    I did a one day training course at Peirce Phelps three years ago. I've been installing and servicing for the last eleven years. I primarily do very high end new construction[15000 sq ft] custom homes. I've zoned 100's of systems just never the Infinity. I'm not the average "duct dude" I know this can be done and it will.
    I didn't say you were the average duct dude.....

tell us more....

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Carrier Zone Systems

Quote Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post

What systems have you done by Carrier. The Infinity is Awsome and does require little trainiing. I will get you Info. Make sure you go with smart sensors.
    Do it right the first time.

Bucks county, the suburbs of phila. I've put in about a dozen Infinity systems. My place of employment sells carrier exclusively and I prefer that brand. Pretty much I've serviced and installed darn near every piece of residential equipment and some commercial.

Her you go

Any Question send my picture of your wife first.

Attachment 8563
    Last edited by 21degrees; 09-19-2008 at 03:22 AM.
    Do it right the first time.

Thank you, maybe I'll be able to teach my boss a few things after continually logging onto this site.

I am an adult tech school grad, and hs of course. No college though. I will be doing this trade for the rest of my life and want to learn as much as I can. I do everything any professional HVAC does, your typical changeouts, add a/c, retrofits, oil, gas and heat pumps. I've installed Lennox, Trane, Carrier, Good man, Rheem, Buderus, Weil Mcclain, Triangle tube, And some others. I work or a very good company in PA. I've done some bidding, sales, drawings, and load calculations. I guess I'll get my post count up go pro hopefully.

I'm originally from the great state of PA....

where ya at in PA?