Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Since you asked for everyones opinion, Twilli says move.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

My bill was $475.00, I'm moving to Guyton, GA.

Twilli was 289.00
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Mine was $161.00

About $350 this month... some places have some cheap power, or I use too much... Increasing the t-stat setting by 2 degrees increased my power bill by $40... go figure.

400$ even here in north dallas
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    About $350 this month... some places have some cheap power, or I use too much... Increasing the t-stat setting by 2 degrees increased my power bill by $40... go figure.
    Power in Houston is not cheap we were at .24.59 per KWH we signed a new contract at .14.59 per KWH.

OH 2700sq.ft. single story built in 1969 with original attic insulation, damn I need to upgrade that stuff.

Ryan:

I live in Harford County. 1700 sq ft split foyer built in '86. All electric.

New 14 SEER / 12 EER Goodman installed in June.

Setback setting is 73 at night, 74 wake up, 78 when at work, 74 after work.

Bill was $120 for June. July's may be $150.

We pay 13.77 cents per kw-hr delivered.

You will see a nice reduction in your electric bill when you finally get a new system.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack2007 View Post
    My bill was $475.00, I'm moving to Guyton, GA.
    Holy sh%t, Jack.

By the way, your avatar is great.

Gary,

I just pulled the July bill, and it was $363.88 for 2260 kwh used. That's 16.1 cents per kwh delivered (Pepco). Looks like I'm just using a lot of power. T-stat is set to 74 all day (someone's usually always home in summre months). TV's, computers, lights, appliances... that's what's running up the bill. Winter bills tend to be higher. Do you still think that a new system would make a significant difference in the power bill where I could see a decent payback within 10 years (I know it's hard to tell for sure)? 10 SEER outside, 13 SEER inside. Working great as of now.

Gary,

I just pulled the July bill, and it was $363.88 for 2260 kwh used. That's 16.1 cents per kwh delivered (Pepco). Looks like I'm just using a lot of power. T-stat is set to 74 all day (someone's usually always home in summre months). TV's, computers, lights, appliances... that's what's running up the bill. Winter bills tend to be higher. Do you still think that a new system would make a significant difference in the power bill where I could see a decent payback within 10 years (I know it's hard to tell for sure)? 10 SEER outside, 13 SEER inside. Working great as of now.

OK - I have BGE.

Just checked the July bill: $148 and used 984 kw-hr = 15 cents per kw-hr.

I run 2 fridges, most lights are CFL, and I tell the queen to watch the dryer usage. I have the hot water tank set to 125F (don't need scalding hot showers in the summer). We run ceiling fans in rooms that we occupy. I also run the air handler fan to keep the wife-stoppo away from the thermostat.

I still think a new heat pump system will help your bills. You'll get a higher EER and HSPF as well with the new condenser. Payback will be tough to calculate and depends on how much you pay for the system. It's hard to justify replacing your current system when it's working fine. I replaced my 21 year-old 7 SEER Trane when BGE jacked up rates 72%. My payback is less than 5 years based on a 40% utility savings, price paid for the system, and the rate increase.

The 74F setpoint all day is killing you.

Take care.
    Last edited by gary_g; 08-06-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added more info.

My Bill was $384.00. If you aren't getting as much air as you were before the unit may be icing up because of dirty filters and/or evap coil. If this is the case then you need to replace filter have a pro do a good coil cleaning and check the refrigerant pressures when he is done to make sure they are good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12