Heat measurement

Any one know the specific term used for heat differential measurement across evap coils?

Yes.

Sorry, didn't mean for my question to test your knowledge in that manner.
    I'm a consumer writing a letter to a contractor over my displeasure with thier service. I grew up in a HVAC shop, but after 15 years of no longer using the knowledge some of the terms have wandered away.
    If you don't mind... Would it be suggested to install a pee trap in the suction line on a York 3.5 split with a gas pack? Approximate distance from condenser to evap is about 35', southern Arizona.

Delta Tee

Quote Originally Posted by azkmd View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean for my question to test your knowledge in that manner.
    I'm a consumer writing a letter to a contractor over my displeasure with thier service. I grew up in a HVAC shop, but after 15 years of no longer using the knowledge some of the terms have wandered away.
    If you don't mind... Would it be suggested to install a pee trap in the suction line on a York 3.5 split with a gas pack? Approximate distance from condenser to evap is about 35', southern Arizona.
    It all depends on where the unit is located. Can you describe where it is located and what problems you are having. Sometimes showing pictures tell us alot.
    Do it right the first time.

Pics not available to me at this time, away from home.
    Condensor is ground mounted, north side of the house, afternoon sun. Evap is approximately 12' higher, in attic, and 20' away laterally.
    Last fall the compressor was replaced under warrenty, new unit in 01, bearing failure. After the unit sits for the winter months, the compressor is very loud on start up and runs contstantly until they put more freon in, apparently fixing the leak isn't an option. The freon "settles sometimes" according to thier servicemen, yes a York and Tecumseh dealer. Then everything is fine for the rest of that season. This last month they "stacked" on a second capacitor after the compressor had kicked out on the thermal one time in 113 ambient heat.

Superheat, yes you could have seen the light from there.
    Last edited by azkmd; 08-05-2008 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Memories wandered back.

P trap won't help any.
    And is not a proper trap for that type of install.
    An inverted bucket trap is what would be used in the attic.
    But if the vapor lines has an upward loop in the attic, that will act as the inverted trap.

Sounds like your service company is too busy to look for, and repair the leak.
    You might want to find one that looks for a repairs leaks.(replace part if needed)

You may be experiencing migration, a trap has no effect on it.
    The noise is from running low on charge.

Consider another service company.

Temp drop accross the coil is called, Delta T.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?