Post Likes

Hey, no problem!

So, one of our PM contract buildings has this observation deck on the roof. The deck has a fence around it to keep people off the roof. Cool I get it. But the fence has to come really close to one Package unit, especially a Carrier unit and the filter access is on the side of the fence.

Well, the fence got replaced recently, and the old fence used to have a panel you could remove to get to the filters.

The new fence, does not.

Why the carpenters did not notice the panel when they demo'ed the old fence, I have no idea. What kills me is that they where probably thinking "hell, this section was really easy to remove..."

Really?

This is a pain to do through the slats of a fence. Oh and of course, the evap coil needed a cleaning too.

Hmmm..... This is after I cleaned both coils... Hmmm.....

Post Likes

IF you want me to work on that?

If you want me to work on that, YOU had better find a way to get to it EASILY.

I would have walked until they provided ACCESS...
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Post Likes
    Why is this becomming typical? I'd "alter" the fence myself.

Let the maintenance man fix it.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Why is this becomming typical? I'd "alter" the fence myself.

Let the maintenance man fix it.
    I would "alter it" myself (With a sawzall), but letting the maintenance man deal with the aftermath, would probably also lose us the PM contract, which is not something I want to do considering that it's a pretty big complex. Big complex+getting older+lot's of repairs=$$$$$

Post Likes
    No fence removal key (<cough>sawzall<cough>) on that truck?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oloenneker View Post
    I would "alter it" myself (With a sawzall), but letting the maintenance man deal with the aftermath, would probably also lose us the PM contract, which is not something I want to do considering that it's a pretty big complex. Big complex+getting older+lot's of repairs=$$$$$
    From the little that i have seen if the customer won't understand that their units aren't easy to excess. And wont make easier to get too, then they are going to be a hard customer to deal with, and probably not worth it.

That said two of the three places i worked has more to do with the number of places you get too more so then then how big the job is.

Post Likes
    A sawzall can fix that problem