SVEA & TAC interconnection
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SVEA & TAC interconnection

i am new in LON world .
    please help me with one big problem:
    how can i use 2 different tipe of equipaments in the same network?

for ex: i have some SVEA and some TAC equipaments.
    i want to command TAC equipament by a SVEA taster.

how can i import a TAC product (like xent 301) in LonMaker and how can i use the function for xent 301?

or

in TAC Vista, i have TAC XENTA 301 (configured with menta) and i imported the SVEA taster....how can i made the connection between the taster and Xenta 301 (in TAC Vista)

thanks you a lot!

Not sure on the SVEA - what language does it speak - lon, bacnet, other?

You may need to get a gateway to do what you want.

Have you contacted your local TAC rep to give you a hand with this?
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

svea

SVEA is LonMark.
    I believe the answer is a router...but i need an expert opinion.

If it is lonmark then you shouldn't need a router.

What is SVEA's transceiver - FT-10/other? If it is FT-10 then you definitely don't need a router to talk between a Xenta 301 and a Lon FT-10 controller.

You can bring both into Vista workstation/Xenta 511 and view and control the points.

What is your position in this scene - end user, contractor, maintenance, other?

What is your location? I don't need specifics just a general vicinity is fine.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

SVEA tranciver is FT-10.

I have this situation: in Vista workstation:
    added:
    - xenta 301 (introduced with his .MTA file configured in Menta)
    - svea taster (introduced with his .SIF file)

to do:
    xenta 301 propreties are defined in Menta.
    SVEA taster...how can i programm to interact with xenta 301?

ex. if we press Switch 0, left button (ON) then xenta 301 activate his output..(ex.) K1

I am from Romania,
    escuse my english,
    i hope you undrstand me.

thank you for your answers.

Do you have Lonmaker?

Will Vista Workstation be left on site or do you have a Xenta Server on site - 511/527/555/913/700 series?

I have Lonmaker.

in Lonmaker i add SVEA taster, and configured with a plug-in.
    xenta 301 was added too, with upload from device (instead of .XIF file), but in Lonmaker i don't know how the functions works for Xenta...just for SVEA products.

i have a Xenta 911 and a Xenta 731 it's on the way(for the project). never work whit a Xenta server.

Xenta Server solve my problem? how?

The two Xenta Controller that you have on order are going to need the new version of X-Builder to create projects for them, along with the TAC Vista software version also if you are going to create a database.
    Look on the side of the controller and it will tell you what version of software is progrmmed onto the controller, that is the version you will need to use. Any Earlier version will not work on the controller, also the controller can't be made backwards compatiabilty with earlier version, you will destory the controller by doning that, it can only be upgrade to newer version of software, it may also bee the new version of Vista 5.10 that was released about 2 months ago.
    Check and make sure.

The Xenta 511 server is a web server that can display information in Web form, it is dynamic data presentation, working in a java format.
    The 731 is the a web server also that works the same as a 511.
    The 511 is primary a LON communication device.
    The 731 is prmary uses Mod-Bus,Micronet, and Inet as it's communication.

This should get you started

If i want to create a network where the SVEA and TAC products can interact, first i need a webserver?..and with XBuilder i will make the link between XENTA an TAC?

I programmed xenta 301 with Menta...a simple stuff...digital input on U1 and digital output on K1..it works...but i need to command K1 with SVEA taster

If you have LonMaker then you don't need a server (Vista or Xenta) to be able to communicate between SVEA and TAC. Also if you have LM then I would recommend using LM as it keeps the peer to peer network and if you don't use LM the communication is handled through the Server so you now have a hierarchy - server goes down you've lost your communication link between the 300 series and SVEA. What are you using as your front end or for the customers front end - Vista Workstation or the Xenta server?

You will need to create a SNVT in the Menta file on the 301 that matches the type of SNVT that you want to use in the SVEA to command the 301. There are some more specific steps and depending on the size of your network and what you are controlling you would likely seriously want someone to give you a hand with this.

Again are you a contractor or end user?
    Last edited by crab master; 08-06-2008 at 02:09 PM.

I am a contractor with experience in KNX.

For the moment i am using Vista Workstation.
    Can you give me an example please, how does it looks like that SNVT input for 301 in Menta,
    if I use Lonmaker (SVEA plugin) to define there SVEA taster...for ex (Switch 0 - ON/OFF)
    SVEA taster and Xenta 301 are in the same segment.

do you know something about TAC ToolPack for Echelon LonMaker.
    can you tell me the download link for this pack?

thank you

The toolpack can be downloaded from TAC's global website, but you need a username and password.

Also I don't know what KNX is.

Have you contacted the contractor that put in Vista Workstation? Who are you ordering your parts from? Whomever you are getting your parts from should be able to get you the Toolpack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast