Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Split system

I would call it a liquid line,not a discharge line.Remember the discharge line is between the compressor and the condenser.

Typically most mini-splits I have seen have the expansion device in the condensing unit up to 2.5tons so you would see the liquid line sweating or feel cold and they would be okay. 3Tons and up,and its in the evaporator. Not that they couldn't be otherwise ,just what I've seen.

No DIYs

Guys this is open form and everyone sees your replies.
    Do it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Excuse me then. But it still smells like DIY to me.
    Excuse me pal i have been working HVAC/R now for about six years, and its obvious that i could work circles around you,judging by your replies. Just say you've never worked with these units plain and simple, and if this was a DIY why would i question a discharge line sweating and service ports unless i had some knowledge about HVAC/Rm, and how a system is suppossed to operate. All i was aking is if anybody else ran across this before, and if they have an explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by ditcha21 View Post
    Excuse me pal i have been working HVAC/R now for about six years, and its obvious that i could work circles around you,judging by your replies. Just say you've never worked with these units plain and simple, and if this was a DIY why would i question a discharge line sweating and service ports unless i had some knowledge about HVAC/Rm, and how a system is suppossed to operate. All i was aking is if anybody else ran across this before, and if they have an explanation?
    I think the problem is that we have no idea who you are since you have no information on your background in your public profile, so most are going to assume you are a DIYer.
    Stuart
    Lack of airflow destroys compressors.

Quote Originally Posted by ditcha21 View Post
    I guess you told me! Take as deep breath and relax. Or do you need your diaper changed? That must have been what I smelled and not DIY. Sorry again.

Hmm,

Seems to me a bunch of rules violations here.

One, calling the members names..
    Two, posting, asking for technical help in an open forum..

This thread is closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12