Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
Funny thing is that is true and misleading at the same time.

It is misleading b/c freon is not directly causing that. And one of the ironic things is that one of the gases causing that smog is Ozone or O3.

But at the same time if china allows there cities to look like that. They are surely not enforcing the freon laws, and the freon that doesnt react to the lower man made ozone is getting to the bigger ozone.

Factory caused pollution similar to that was a factor in the white flight of the 50's.
You know. I had a discussion with a chemist about the chlorine in freon and what is used in swimming pool. He tried to tell me the chlorine in the pool was different than what is in freon. I asked him why the chemical formula is the same for both. He had no answer. He started on the man made ozone and the natural ozone. I said you mean O3. He got mad and walked away. Believe what you will I think they screwed up on what is causing ozone depletion. But that would mean the government was wrong and would have to remove the taxes they imposed on freon. Yeah right the government admit they where wrong and remove taxes! COLD DAY IN HE**