Thread: signatureStat swapped for a ComfortSense

Post Likes

signatureStat swapped for a ComfortSense

A little background..I recently got hit by lightning and the display on my signaturestat 51M28 was burned out. The AC was still running as normal, Ac was kicking in as expected per my scheduled programming. I was going to swap it with another signaturestsat but found out these were not being made any more and I could get a ComfortSense 7000 for less than the SigStat cost me orignally. The swap went well, it was a one for one wire swap to the new stat. The Comfort Sense is allowing the my scheduled program to work as expected and it is maintaining the temp.

But...What I am seeing is the AC kicks on for a 10-20 minutes then kicks off for 5, then back on. This cycle is only interupted by hitting a scheduled temperature change in my programming. Is this normal for the ComfortSense or do I possibly have one of the installer settings incorrect.

One more thing to add. Changing the differential settings does not change the endless cycle of on and off. As I would expect it to. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Looks at site rules, no DIY.

-HF

Post Likes
    I guess it is in how you read the rules..

2. Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

I do fall under folks seeking advice and knowledge.

I am not looking for Step by step instructions on purchasing, installing, or repairing.. If the moderator feels I have stepped the boundary then I'm sure the post will be deleted.

Thanks

Post Likes
    call the numb nutt that sold you the stat!!

maybe he is expecting a call anyway hoping you burnt something up!!

better yet don't call that lazy terd, call a contractor that cares enough to come out and put it on right the first time!!

Post Likes
    You might have something wrong in the installer setup menu.

Read, then reread the instructions.

Then if you can't find anything wrong. Take it back.

Post Likes
    Follow the advice given here, if it does not work, call a contractor!

And that's all folks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in