Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hmm

We installed a Honeywell TH8000 programmable thermostat today in a residential home. The package also includes a Honewell C7089 Outdoor Sensor. After double/triple checking wiring, we are still unable to get the Thermostat display unit to show the outside temperature.

The installation manual indicates that the installer must use setup number 0340 to "install" the outdoor temperature sensor for display etc. The manual does not tell how to enter the install setup phase.

As this is a new type thermostat for us to install, we need to know how to enter the installer setup phase of the thermostat and if this requires a "special tool". Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Al

That "special tool" is the installer manual. I'd tell you how to do it but it isn't allowed in the residential forum. Register as a pro and post in the pro technical forum if you are one. If you're a homeowner, call Honeywell.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Honeywell TH8000 w/C7089 Outdoor Sensor

smokin68,

Thankyou for your response. Yes, I have already registered as a pro. I currently have around 2,000 hours of electrical work as an apprentice under a licensed electrition.

We did finally find a honeywell related web site that had a .pdf that actually had the information on it we believe we need. And no, the package did not include the information we found on the web site.

Thankyou again, Al

Honeywell TH8000 w/C7089 Outdoor Sensor

smokin68,

FYI, As this question pertained to a residential application, that is why it was posted in that arena. Obviously I made a serous mistake as it seems to have generated a slightly snide response.

Thanks again for responding.

Al

This is gayer than Foley.

Manual is awailable all over the web

Option 340
    1- Use OAT for display only
    2 - For Display and control.

Give me any idea why shouldn't this be public. Nothing to do with NG or refrigerant. Freely awailable everywhere.

I agree should be no problem answering this question, make sure a seperate 2 wire out to the sensor. Also if you are not getting temp. display on the tstat but it show -- for the temp. reading. Check to see that the sensor is not cracked. I have had several like that. Also depending on what type of equipment you are using it will or will not give you option 340 for the outside display. Read the manual or check online. In the tstat packaging there should be 2 books. 1 is the homeowner guide and the other is the installers guide.
    "Go big or Go Home"

I see no harm either. Except some company may have lost a sale.

But, no way to tell if he is a contractor or a DIYer.

Nothing in his profile to tell you.

I haven't seen a 8000 series stat yet, that didn't have the instructions to get into installer set up with them.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Wasn't trying to be snide, and didn't think step by step was allowed in this area, whether pertaining to a thermostat or a circuit board. Since it is, then enter the installer set-up as follows....

1. Push system on left side of screen
    2. hold the two squares on the sides of the middle square for a few seconds.This gets you into installer mode. Raise number on left hand side to 290.Raise number on right hand side to 2. Raise number on left hand side to 340.

Thumbs down

thanks smokin 68 - i think everyone has figured that on out already - didnt he already tell you he got the install manual off the manufacturer website???? all that is on page 15 - why are you so nice now? dont tell them anything...that way we can keep the triad going!!!!

Confused

so ,much bull about who should have all the info about systems they OWN and people here cant even figure out (or cant be bothered) whether a set of dead end wires from the thermocouple should be eliminated or just plain left alone.....

Originally posted by tundraotto
    thanks smokin 68 - i think everyone has figured that on out already - didnt he already tell you he got the install manual off the manufacturer website???? all that is on page 15 - why are you so nice now? dont tell them anything...that way we can keep the triad going!!!!

Apparantly it took you 2 days to comment on an old thread, and if you read the rules, there's no step by step instruction allowed here. When a moderator says it's o.k., I have no problem explaining to someone how it works. If you choose to do things your way, so be it, just don't comment on my actions when you haven't got a clue.

Cant we all just get along,, and BTW that out door sensor is nothing more the a 10k ohm resitor per honeywell
    Stupid is as Hackery does

Originally posted by tundraotto
    ) whether a set of dead end wires from the thermocouple should be eliminated or just plain left alone.....
    Never seen wires from a thermocouple.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast