Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    it could be hissing due to a change in pressure, I would let a pro look at it and see if it can be repaird your comp might not be the problum. causing it to do that. let some one look at it and then deside, copland is a scroll, manny co have them in thier product if your smart, you will get one of them with a good warentee. if you cant repair it,

Quote Originally Posted by atxjax View Post
    Thanks for the help. I wanna get this thing running OK to make it through the summer this year. If I have probalem again spring of next year I will replace the whole HVAC since mine is only a 10 SEER and I was counting on doing it anyway sometime soon.

The Auction says its new but your right. You never know what you get on ebay. There are a few of them on ebay that Ive seen. That one happens to be the lowest cost one.
    What happens if the compressor is DOA? Who pays for shipping(both ways?) You're opening a can of worms best left closed. But, you have been warned.By the time you pay for shipping, the correct run cap,and all the little things to complete this project, you'll have close to the cost of a new unit. But, Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    What happens if the compressor is DOA? Who pays for shipping(both ways?) You're opening a can of worms best left closed. But, you have been warned.By the time you pay for shipping, the correct run cap,and all the little things to complete this project, you'll have close to the cost of a new unit. But, Good Luck

Thanks for the tips. I will definately talk to my buddy tomorrow and see if he can get a deal on a new one instead.

BTW......I know a source where I can get run caps on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Time for an intermission song; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZm7KQJT1o
    lol
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

Quote Originally Posted by atxjax View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I will definately talk to my buddy tomorrow and see if he can get a deal on a new one instead.

BTW......I know a source where I can get run caps on the cheap.
    I did my apprenticeship in Austin. I know your friend can get a compressor there. The run cap is the least thing to worry about. You won't be sorry if you buy locally. If there should be a problem, at least you can speak to a "live" person, and not play email tag.

Why not get from a supplier in Austin Tx

Im going out on a limb here , if you get it from E-bay whats the warranty, when you have 1 Yr from the supply house and close to home ?
    Matt 7:12 The Golden Rule
    "Do for others what you would like them to do for you. This summary of all is taught in the law and the prophets.

Quote Originally Posted by derbysr View Post
    Im going out on a limb here , if you get it from E-bay whats the warranty, when you have 1 Yr from the supply house and close to home ?
    That's what I'm thinking. The warranty would be from the seller. If you get any at all. Then there's all the down time shipping back and forth.It really isn't worth it. How much do you think you save in the long run? Well, that's not enough. Support your local economy. You'll be glad you did.

If you replace the unit, it would still be a 13 SEER on a 10 SEER. Not the best way to go. Finding a compressor locally and having a licensed, experience pro is the way to go. Ebay may or may not work out.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    If you replace the unit, it would still be a 13 SEER on a 10 SEER. Not the best way to go. Finding a compressor locally and having a licensed, experience pro is the way to go. Ebay may or may not work out.
    We don't know what coil is there. My understanding is the coil was replaced within the last year. Could be , just throw an x-valve on, and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Time for an intermission song; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZm7KQJT1o
    Fits the occasion perfectly! LMAO

Good news. Partially....

I talked to my friend at work and he stated that after going through all the hoops of getting just the compressor replaced it wouldnt be worth it. I decided to replace the whole outside unit since my Evap coil is just 4 months old. A little more than I wanted to spend but at least it will come with a 5 year warranty.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Good, just make sure the coil is a rated match with the outdoor unit supported by the manufacturer. Can you post the model number of the coil you have and the unit you plan to have installed?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Good, just make sure the coil is a rated match with the outdoor unit supported by the manufacturer. Can you post the model number of the coil you have and the unit you plan to have installed?

Sure thing. As soon as I get home and can get the numbers off the unit. Also my evap is only 4 months old. It was replaced in April of this year.

Im not sure what model outside unit it is but he told me it was a Rudd 2.5 Ton system that is all copper instead of aluminum and comes with a 5 year warranty. He has does alot of work for folks here at work and they have all been satisfied with his work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast