Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    So...who put in your new (4 month old) evaporator coil?

Long story but I'll break it down like this....

Bought my home 1 year ago, at the time I purchased a home warranty. A/C went out. Evap coil was to blame. Got it replaced under the home warranty.

But Now I still have the old outdoor unit. When the techs replaced the evap coil they told me it was SEER 13 rated.

You're lucky you got a tin-plated Carrier coil from your home warranty company. Most of the time it's whatever is cheapest installed by whoever can do it for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by atxjax View Post
    These are all good points to bring up to my a/c guy tomorrow. From what he told me today was that when you buy a carrier that your just paying for a name.

He advised me to go with the Ruud because they are better and who really cares about a name. As far as pressures go the Evap is rated at 300 so I dont think there should be any problem there. But yeah....I will ask him all these questions for sure tomorrow.

Being how i told him it was a 2.5 ton unit but thanks to you guys I found out it was a 3 ton, that means more money out of pocket for me. Although it generally shouldnt be that much more.
    Payne might honor the Carrier warranty, or vice versa, but, I can't say for sure.

Thank you everyone for all your input. I will definately ask all these questions to my a/c guy tomorrow before he buys the unit and go from there. I figure that since the Evap is new ( 4 months old ) and its a SEER 13 with a TXV installed that going with a SEER 13+ outdoor unit should be almost matched if I go with the Ruud instead of the Carrier. I might drop 1 seer rating because the system isnt matched but for the money thats OK. Its better than what I have now which is a 10 seer system with a crappy carlyle millenium compressor. The Ruud system brings a copeland one.

Thank you everyone. I will report back once everything is done.

Yeah, I actually went back and read your previous posts about your compressor.

So. Why aren't you calling back the tech that got your Home warranty replacement evaporator coil going? You said they were a reputable company. You thought your compressor was going out then too. And reported the home warranty evap coil installing company to the BBB and the local TV station etc.

Does your 'friend' who can 'get the compressor' know all that?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by atxjax View Post
    I might drop 1 seer rating because the system isnt matched but for the money thats OK.
    Better check your warranty on that.

Or, aren't you concerned with your warranty?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Yeah, I actually went back and read your previous posts about your compressor.

So. Why aren't you calling back the tech that got your Home warranty replacement evaporator coil going? You said they were a reputable company. You thought your compressor was going out then too. And reported the home warranty evap coil installing company to the BBB and the local TV station etc.

Does your 'friend' who can 'get the compressor' know all that?
    Knowing that, I probably shouldn't have been so "helpful"

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Knowing that, I probably shouldn't have been so "helpful"

Home warranty has expired. To renew it , it would be just shy of 1/3 the cost of a new outside unit. Plus the home warranty co would only replace the defective part which would be the compressor itself.

Like I said, I will ask my a/c gy the questions. If it makes more sense to go with the Carrier system to match it to my evap coil then I will do that even if it cost me a few more hundred bucks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234