Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    as everyone else has said, low voltage not the best. sheetmetal looks great, looks like they leveled the outside unit properly too. The low voltage, had it been me, would have been run inside the conduit and hooked in at the ouside disconnect, but thats just me. looks good anyways.
    Thomas aka...spymoocow
    Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Ah, sorry I thought that's what he meant. An inch shouldn't make that much difference (at least that's what I always tell my wife).

I am glad the pro are okay with most of the stuffs. I'll ask them about the wire nut. I think the sheet metal are pre-made, it came in a box.

At first installer didn't know how to deal w/ TSTAT control W2 and common it kinda worry me a little he say most of ppl just leave it to Comfort-R, but I think he called in (Trane support?) and seem have hookup correctly .. of course I'll have to verify. attach is the TSTAT's wring, seem to match the 2h /1c diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Maybe they can bring a real media filter cabinet next visit instead of having to build one. Looks good, but I agree with the others about the wire nuts exposed... not a very good idea IMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I see Comfort-R is turned on, but not going to get the full profile with out the jumper between O and Y.

I also see the dipswitch is not set for your A/C, it's set for 3 ton, and you got 2.5.

If I am seeing the set up for the filter right, I think you are going to have a harder time changing that filter.. It's easier to side it out the front than trying to lift it out of the slot.

I know this has been brought up many times, I also would move the wire nut into the control section.

Other than that, looks good.

Thank you mayguy for taking a look.

the comrot-R is on but where do I get the "full profile"? the jumper you speak of, is it on the furnace or the TSTAT? I guess I need to go back and check... just need a starting point or is there a reference in the booklet?

The A/C suppose to be 3 ton (4TTB3036A1000A XB-13), if that is the case than the dipswitch is correct?

I don't want to make too many request ... since they had to make a special trip to get the correct filter rack for me top load for front load will be fine.

I'll let them know when they return that I would like the wire nut inside control section.

thank you all. I think sometimes if I can use the correct HVAC term it really helps the tech.

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    I see Comfort-R is turned on, but not going to get the full profile with out the jumper between O and Y.

I also see the dipswitch is not set for your A/C, it's set for 3 ton, and you got 2.5.

If I am seeing the set up for the filter right, I think you are going to have a harder time changing that filter.. It's easier to side it out the front than trying to lift it out of the slot.

I know this has been brought up many times, I also would move the wire nut into the control section.

Other than that, looks good.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    65 Equivalent feet of stright duct for the return elbow into the furnace.

I hope the it's included in the duct design,so the static isn't high.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohouse View Post
    the comfrot-R is on but where do I get the "full profile"? the jumper you speak of, is it on the furnace or the TSTAT?
    It's on the furnace itself, installer read NOTE #9 on back of the blower door, talks about the jumper.

It pose to be 3 ton (4TTB3036A1000A XB-13), if that is the case than the dipswitch is correct?
    My bad. I read the 30 instead of the 36, so yes, it's a 3 ton.. How big is your home and age??

Looks great to me. As others have said about the wire nuts, I would take it one step farther and run the low voltage in seal-tite. Makes for a much more professional job and detracts critters from chewing through wiring.

Should have spent the extra cash on Trane Clean Effects air filter,Used a Integrated t-stat with discharge sensor for better control of vspeed fan.

I always make all low volt connections inside equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by dagreene View Post
    Used a Integrated t-stat with discharge sensor for better control of vspeed fan..
    What stat is this, and how can this work on Trane?

I am not aware of control of VS fan, other than the humidity control like IAQ that will slow down the blower in A/C mode.

Only discharge sensor I am aware of is if you do a zone set up.

Hi dagreene,

actually I did consider Trane clean effect and other similar type at my other thread ... but decided on the 4" media.

Should have spent the extra cash on Trane Clean Effects air filter,Used a Integrated t-stat with discharge sensor for better control of vspeed fan.

I always make all low volt connections inside equipment.

note #9

It's on the furnace itself, installer read NOTE #9 on back of the blower door, talks about the jumper.
    optional humidstat is to be connected between the "R" and "BK". Factory installed jumper "R" to "BK" on the circuit board must be cut if optional humidstat is used. .....I am lost I actually don't have humidifier so I guess I don't need humidstat. btw, I guess there is reason it's behind the blower door I guess if I don't know how to explain it I don't think the install will know what I want

How big is your home and age??
    about 2000 sq/ft age 37 which was the age of the previous Rheem furnace (RIP) it was probably 40% vs this one which is 95%!!

What stat is this, and how can this work on Trane?

I am not aware of control of VS fan, other than the humidity control like IAQ that will slow down the blower in A/C mode.

Only discharge sensor I am aware of is if you do a zone set up.
    Trane has an itegrated zone control that can be set up for zoning or stand alone single zone very similar to the harmony panel. I'll get the model tomorrow

Trane has an itegrated zone control that can be set up for zoning or stand alone single zone very similar to the harmony panel. I'll get the model tomorrow
    Also found a DDC controller to control most ECM using 2-10v to PWM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast