Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyValvecore View Post
    Thats interesting, I have been using them for years now without any failures. Based off my own personal experience I have to say my recommendation still stands. I would be interested in seeing any hard data you have on the subject though.

Like I was saying, they are definately more expensive than a regular cap, so they shouldn't be replacing your usual stock, but much like an Emerson emergency motor, I think all techs should have some universal replacement parts for situations when the supply house is closed.
    I have looked at them but they are to expensive. I just keep plenty of caps on my truck I can build what I need.

I don't have to much faith in dual caps they don't seem to hold up very well.
    Had to many swell up after a lightning storm or just a long stream of 95+ days. Don't think they have enough oil in them to disapate the heat. Besides never seem to have the right capacitance.

Thumbs up I have also always used the 440 caps

Logic has told me that at the very least it was an upgrade to the 370 and I've never had a reason to doubt it. I do however appreciate the fact that I'm not the only one who does this.

Works

We have used 440 in place of 370 and they work fine we have had no problems.

We use 440 in place of 370.

Dynamic capacitor check

Some years ago, I attended a siminar, the instructor had a few capacitors, it measured good at static condition (not hook up to circuit). However, when those capacitor were under load, the calculated capacitance change - bad capacitor. He call this method "dynamic capacitance check". he claim this is the correct way to check capacitors. I don't have that diagram now, does any one here know what I am talking about? by chance you have that diagram? can you post it?. or Email me ddanwong at hotmail dot com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345