Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    The 20 mile proximity to your home and their office my not be relevant since they may have techs that are near your neighborhood and/or already work in the area. A lot of companies dispatch the techs right from their homes without them coming to the office everyday.
    OK, thanks! That's something I hadn't thought about.

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTexan View Post
    Howdy, classical. I'm glad you're reformed!

We're actually in Houston, not Fort Bend. We were out in the master-planned 'burbs for almost 10 years until traffic became unbearable, and we saw the light and moved back to Houston. We're just inside the toll road between Briar Forest and Memorial (Briargrove Park).

I would NEVER EVER consider letting the initials (a.k.a. American Rip-Off Services) install a new system. They've only been out because we had a home warranty (another NEVER EVER) that we got when we purchased our 40 year old house. The initials repair company was one of the service providers the initials home warranty company (a.k.a. American Home Scam) sent out, so when we had a problem and needed immediate service we called them.

I only discovered this website a couple days ago, and have actually already contacted one person to inquire about their company. I'm still trying to decipher who is reasonably local and who isn't, and how to contact them. I not only want a good installation, but I'm looking for a company that can provide good service and maintenance, and I would think that would be someone fairly close...say within 20 miles or so. Do y'all agree? Since we're just starting the process and we have the luxury of time, I may get some more proposals before we move forward.

In the meantime, this website is just a wealth of information! It's almost more than a non-techie girl's brain can comprehend, but that's what you guys are here for, right?
    Aggie I am in Spring Branch as is the Danglig Wrangler and MrBill is just down the road near the horsetrack.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Aggie I am in Spring Branch as is the Danglig Wrangler and MrBill is just down the road near the horsetrack.
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12