Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750

    The Audacity Watch

    http://audacitywatch.com/

    I found this site very interesting. The premise? Challenging the Myth of Obama and the Liberal Agenda.

    I will be so glad when November is finally here.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    And here's a really fun game too!
    http://www.gop.com/news/NewsRead.asp...0-9a89684c52a6
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    662
    Do you actually read those sites and believe what they say?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by Remodeltdt01 View Post
    Do you actually read those sites and believe what they say?
    The most well informed read all and listen to all from all points of view, and then sift out the more obvious biases that are opinion only and of course downright lies. In this way only can we make an informed decision. All sides of politics will lie and otherwise deceive us, so we must gather in all information and then discard from the most useless on down to a probable truth.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingair View Post
    The most well informed read all and listen to all from all points of view, and then sift out the more obvious biases that are opinion only and of course downright lies. In this way only can we make an informed decision. All sides of politics will lie and otherwise deceive us, so we must gather in all information and then discard from the most useless on down to a probable truth.
    That sounds nice, but unless you're unemployed and have all day to read evey blog/post/etc. you're wasting your time. All it takes is a few seconds to dismiss a hack site.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by Remodeltdt01 View Post
    That sounds nice, but unless you're unemployed and have all day to read evey blog/post/etc. you're wasting your time. All it takes is a few seconds to dismiss a hack site.
    Are you suggesting that everyone who holds down a job is basically uninformed? Are you suggesting that we need only read one particular blog in order to determine all that we need to know in order to support or oppose a political candidate? While I may agree that far too many people do exactly this out of general complacency, does that make it right?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingair View Post
    Are you suggesting that everyone who holds down a job is basically uninformed? Are you suggesting that we need only read one particular blog in order to determine all that we need to know in order to support or oppose a political candidate? While I may agree that far too many people do exactly this out of general complacency, does that make it right?
    Of course not. A responsible voter researches as much as possible. Doing research in hack sites is a waste of time. Responsible voters don't do research there because they know it is a waste of time and that they won't get any unbiased information.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Where exactly are your unbiased sites? Enquiring minds want to know...
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Where exactly are your unbiased sites? Enquiring minds want to know...
    No sites are totally unbiased. Some are totally biased.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Remodeltdt01 View Post
    No sites are totally unbiased. Some are totally biased.

    As per your last post about your "unbiased" info. I think your reply WAS her point....
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by Remodeltdt01 View Post
    No sites are totally unbiased. Some are totally biased.
    This is very true. However, even the totally biased sites usually use some sort of factual data for their basis of deceit. To prevent red herring arguments it is best to understand what bit of data that biased commentaries are based on so that your rebutal will not fall into the trap of disputing a small factor that the biased commentary can throw in your face as to why you are wrong.

    For example; a story claiming Barack Hussein Obama to be still considered a Muslim because he was born as a Muslim is not true if Obama says he is not a Muslim. However, according to Islamic tradition and Sharia law, any child born to a Muslim father is a Muslim and always will be a Muslim. So, while the biased story is not accurate as far as most standards allow, a slight of hand factoid does make the claim accurate enough for those who made the claim to show proof that they were not fabricating that particular fact.

    The more we study from the most points of view, the more we can make an educated determination about what may be actual fact.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Urbandale IA. USA
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Remodeltdt01 View Post
    Do you actually read those sites and believe what they say?
    No more than you believe those liberal websites.
    Learn to laugh, lighten up and enjoy.

    Do any of us realy think it will be the END of the world if the man we do NOT want wins?

    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,943
    Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    No more than you believe those liberal websites.
    Learn to laugh, lighten up and enjoy.

    Do any of us realy think it will be the END of the world if the man we do NOT want wins?

    I have been noticing that Obama in particular is a bit more sensative to criticism, even for a liberal. It seems that Democrats in general enjoy making bumper snicker comments about their opponents but start whining about being the brunt of the same such treatment.

    Just falls into line with the ultra-liberal belief that mere citizens should do as they are told and not as ultra-liberals are allowed to do.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event