Thread: Service help

Service help

I am looking for ideas on how to better communicate and make my service department flow better. We are having problems with techs handwriting tickets and not giving enough detail about what they do. We have 12 techs and it is a mess trying to get them to give me any detail. Any ideas on how other shops communicate with there techs. Electronically or otherwise. Thanks

Several years ago we switched to electronic invoicing system. That helped some.

I then changed the tech's pay package. Gave them more bonuses several for different things. Detailed information on the service invoice was one of them. That helped greatly. Only problem now is that it is too technical for some customers.
    Mike

Just fire a few of the weak ones. Tell the rest they were fired due to lack of completion of invoices.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Listen to what your techs say. I am sure you hear why they don't do it perhaps second hand, Better yet ask them how you could make it easier on them to get the paper work done. More often then not it is due to dispatchers rushing them to get more calls done, rather then allowing them to maximize a few calls.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Just fire a few of the weak ones. Tell the rest they were fired due to lack of completion of invoices.
    Wrong Answer! you fire guys just to try and prove a point will just make you look bad in the techs eyes. You will gain much respect by talking to your techs and trying to resolve the issue. Weekly company meetings are a good place to get answers to what every one needs to make their job go smoother and work as a team. Show them respect and you will get it back. fire a few and you just piss them off because you just doubled their work load.

It was a joke dude
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by arpeter4 View Post
    I am looking for ideas on how to better communicate and make my service department flow better. We are having problems with techs handwriting tickets and not giving enough detail about what they do. We have 12 techs and it is a mess trying to get them to give me any detail. Any ideas on how other shops communicate with there techs. Electronically or otherwise. Thanks
    Please get your post count up to at least 15 less professionally oriented posts and submit an application for professional status where we can freely discuss this sort of subject in private.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV