Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bizmarts View Post
    Not sure this is the place to ask - but we have a 1980'ish heat pump/air handler that needs a lower drip pan. The air handler is model: 40AQ024330DF. The problem is: the upper support for the coil is plastic...no problem; the lower tray is base metal...which has rusted through.

Our "friendly" A/C tech says the trays are no longer generally available, and one can be made for ....$x. Either that, or buy a new coil/tray assembly for about $x to put in the air handler ductwork.

What's the skinny on this? Is there no way to buy/have made a lower plastic drip pan for the coil in the unit?

The PITA A/C folks are gonna check with me about what I want to do. Kick them in the butt for asking $x for a $20 piece of sheet metal !!

Please advise,
    Thanks,
    -=rwp=- ... Richard @ Bizmarts 8/1/08 - 10:14:13 pm
    Quick answer to your original question "Not sure this is the place to ask" is
    NO.
    Now, quit hijacking other people's threads with your rule breaking DIY questions.
    Last edited by jrbenny; 08-02-2008 at 07:45 AM.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    only 10 ga.?????

are you sure that's gonna be strong enough?
    Usually, if you're hunting geese, bit strong on ducks...
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Reverse Bohica

Hummm, very unusuall a "reverse strain of the BOHICA Virus " stop this thread before i become infected and custom fabricate a drain pan for an obselete unit and install it for free ! Ahhh BOHICA on me !

A - No pricing discussions.

B - No DIY

C - Quit quoting the pricing posts. It's bad enough that the homers can't follow the rules.

And finally......

Thread Closed.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12