Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

something i noticed about alcohol

the other day i thought, 'see i haven't had a beer in a long time', i went down the store isle to see that they've taxed the hell out of beer, and for a couple bucks more i could buy a bottle of hard alcohol.

then i relized that this is no accident.

beer is supposed to be a light alcohol drink that is cheap to afford, but the political spindoctors gotta come in and screw with everything.

how the hell are you going to put "sin taxes" on beer but not put them on hard alcohol?

this government is so full of crap i can't even believe it anymore.

alcohol is so bad but as you can see it's plentiful on the shelves.

1) people who want a simple beer are more likely to buy hard alcohol
    2) these taxes are basically insuring that there is a healthy stream of new drunks entering society.

You are wrong ! People who want a beer just want a beer. If there is a beer shortage ( god forbid) We do without
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

I've got a good friend that made a micro brewery in his house more out of a hobby than anything else, I must say he got quiet good at it and it taste great. It's legal and tax free.

And yes I do agree, we are the most taxed society bar none. Now you can understand why I'm neither democratic or republican (they are one in the same)

Quote Originally Posted by air2spare View Post
    I've got a good friend that made a micro brewery in his house more out of a hobby than anything else, I must say he got quiet good at it and it taste great. It's legal and tax free.

And yes I do agree, we are the most taxed society bar none. Now you can understand why I'm neither democratic or republican (they are one in the same)

We DO need more domestic brewing. We have got to stop being dependant on foreign beer. Wind and solar are great, but no substitute for a great homebrew.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    We DO need more domestic brewing. We have got to stop being dependant on foreign beer. Wind and solar are great, but no substitute for a great homebrew.
    Budweiser isn't even American owned anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post

And before they sold out, they bought my boys, Rolling Rock. Now some slavic-Belgian is mashing the hops between his toes....!!

Ain't there nothing sacred anymore????

I'm not a fan yet but I'll certainly try...Samuel Adams. American owned, american made.

On the AB front (since it's very close to here!), recent news is speculating that AB may be able to entice Inbev to move their headquarters to the U.S.
    Wouldn't that be something. Bought out by Belgians because of low currency rates but, Belgians prefer the United States? This story is long from being played out. Inbev doesn't even officially take over until near the end of the year.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    You are wrong ! People who want a beer just want a beer. If there is a beer shortage ( god forbid) We do without
    jpb2 are you going to Sparta for the ATA Grand? We are planning on being there next weekend, have family shooting. We generally BBQ and toss back a few at the camp ground. There are some awesome guns and such there during the Grand.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

We are not the most taxed society. Sweden is above 65%.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    We are not the most taxed society. Sweden is above 65%.

Perhaps that's one benchmark Obama CAN exceed..............

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    jpb2 are you going to Sparta for the ATA Grand? We are planning on being there next weekend, have family shooting. We generally BBQ and toss back a few at the camp ground. There are some awesome guns and such there during the Grand.
    No plans as of now but it seems interesting. If schedule allows I could take the 14 y/o for a drive. No beers w/ guns ( except deer season ). Let me know a little ahead next year and I would be interested in camping out and enjoying the event. Hell it's less than 70 miles away. Thanks., Jeff
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Sorry to intrude Bud is still owned by Americans, the powers that be are still working out the particulars. they expect to have the shareholders votes out by Oct, not that it is going to make a difference but until it's finalized A-B is still American owned and operated.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    And before they sold out, they bought my boys, Rolling Rock. Now some slavic-Belgian is mashing the hops between his toes....!!

Ain't there nothing sacred anymore????
    A-B bought the Rolling Rock Label from Inbev in 2006, so actually its going back to the familiar Belgian toes it came from lol
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast