Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RomulanSpy View Post
    I'm glad to see there's just a few ppl here that can't do the reading comprehension thing and then get the panties in a wad over something not said.

Thing has worked but its also cost us more money than properly installed systems.
    Yes, dash is one of those pros who just loves to condemn other pros. Makes him feel special

That does not make it right and trashing HVAC professionals is still not what this site is focused on. We try to stay positive about our industry. We look for solutions, not focus on blame and condemnation. Since only one side of any HO's woes is told on this site, and that story is coming from the perspective of someone who is not a professional in the industry, we really never know what the true circumstances of any HO's complaint is.

So, howzabout just using the pros on this site for their expertise and not for ammo to trash other pros?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    We correct systems that were improperly designed or installed several times each week,and only one out of a hundrd customers ever gets a penny out of the installing contractor.

Some of these aren't very old,just out of warranty,most are over 10 years.

I don't see the problem with telling it like it is,let the chips fall where the may.Some here don't agree.

This is a very slippery slope: critisim is never positive and I see the same thing with this site that happens everyday in the field. The last poster or last tech was an idiot boufone that didn't know what he is doing but I am here as your savoir. This even happens within the same company.

If you're professional, competent and operate with integrity you should welcome the oppertunity for a comparison of how your company does things differently.

As for as whose to blame, sometimes it's the homeowners themselves. They pressure the GC to use this friend of a distant cousin that does lawn care and air conditioning and man look at the money he's saving me. Your guy is ripping you off.

Really the blame lies on Suspicions of Ignorance.

I guess I'm a bit on the slow side. Someone tell me who's to blame for what here. What I've gotten out of this whole thing is a noise/vibration out of the furnace/ air handeler.(After 15 years of service)

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I guess I'm a bit on the slow side. Someone tell me who's to blame for what here. What I've gotten out of this whole thing is a noise/vibration out of the furnace/ air handeler.(After 15 years of service)
    The OP feels he got a substandard installation and is looking for some place to hang the scarlet letter.

And don't try to out dumb me.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    The OP feels he got a substandard installation and is looking for some place to hang the scarlet letter.

And don't try to out dumb me.
    So, I'm not as slow as I thought. Was it one of those 'lifetime warranty" units?

Annapolis, MD: ragboat capitol of the world
    The only way to make some one responsible for the work is to lay it out before hand. Without specific written instructions or contracts, it eventually falls back to whoever started the job (specifically it is who writes the contract) ... homeowner, developer, builder etc. That's one of the tenants of English law. If the contract writer doesn't write it (in this case, the responsibility) in at the beginning, it doesn't exist.

If you, the homeowner had a written contract with the builder that said specifically the builder would design and have installed a working HVAC system, then your beef is with the builder.

Residential isn't the only market that has this kind of problem, it happens in commercial as well. It happens often enough that there are often "commissionings" and progress inspections that are done by third parties for the owners when the owners are not experts at the particulars of the work, but have a lot of properties built or remodeled and have been hit with the same kind of problems over and over.

As a side note, I've worked on some jobs where the designing architect pushed all the responsibility to the sub contractor by saying "the mechanical contractor shall install a suitable HVAC system". The rest of the blue print page was blank. Could it be more broad, but still clear at the same time?
    Sam

Know-it-all? Nope, not even half!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Yes, dash is one of those pros who just loves to condemn other pros. Makes him feel special

That does not make it right and trashing HVAC professionals is still not what this site is focused on. We try to stay positive about our industry. We look for solutions, not focus on blame and condemnation. Since only one side of any HO's woes is told on this site, and that story is coming from the perspective of someone who is not a professional in the industry, we really never know what the true circumstances of any HO's complaint is.

So, howzabout just using the pros on this site for their expertise and not for ammo to trash other pros?
    Condemning other Pros,if the shoe fits man,wear it!!,what I said;

Depending on the real issues,the OP could have a right to be upset.

Examples:

Undersized ducts,reduce capacity,coupled with an oversized system,in 15 years,a lot of extra money could have been spent.

Duct leakage from a poor install would add to the operating cost.

Improperly sized line set,lost capacity and equipment damage.

And the list could go on.Just because it "worked" for 15 years doesn't mean all was or is well.

There's a lot of "working" systems out there with issues,if you can find the issues and explain it well enough to the owner,there's a lot of extra work for your company.

so far 4 pages and no real facts. No pictures and no real complaint about how the system worked for 15 years

Just speculation and insinuendo it was an improper install

give us some facts and picture

Dores RomulanSpy (sniker-chortle) have some special status here that let's him use this forum as his personal whining wall?

I answered some of his first posts cause no one else would. Ever since he has come back continually to ***** and complain about our industry.

I don't like reading his posts cause it snow balls into some of the holier than thou members coming out and bashing their own colleagues to justify their own exsistance.

The attitudes of some of the HO posters need to be changed or curbed. This is not a consumer rights site.

Same goes for a lot of the outspoken members who seem to take glee in condemning the contractors the HO is complaining about on little or no real technical evidence to back up their loud mouthed claims of hackery.
    Last edited by hvaclover; 08-02-2008 at 07:00 PM.

The R- S is a $hit stirring troll.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Not on here they don't. Why should all of the professionals that are on this site to help one another as well as give non-technical advice to HOs have to read the rantings of disgruntled HOs about how terrible HVAC contractors are?
    My apologies, RoboTeq. I tried to go back and edit the post with the offer, but there is no Edit button there any more.

-HF

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    The R- S is a $hit stirring troll.
    He's trying to manage the anger and frustration of being ripped off. That results in troll-like behaviour, but I don't think that trolling is his primary desire.

Of course, I might be wrong...

-HF

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast