Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Never said anything about anyone coming back to fix

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    What after 15 years of service you want them to come back and fix something for free?I think the warranty is over.
    anything free. Gee some of you read alot into stuff. But I know the general contractor pretty well, like to give him some input on his sub.

Dang!

Lets start.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    So what is it that you dont like about the unit or the install after 15 years.
    The ducts are a maze of bad angles and strange bends, that's not me-that's 2 techs I've had out since I fired my installer from all work on my system. The only part that could be salvaged would be the trunk

There was a part laying beside the HE and AH that should have been installed in 1993 that caused the HE to get way too hot and to soot. My new tech could not believe he didn't install it, said we were lucky not to have to go the hospital or funeral home from CO.

Original installer had to come back gas it up in summers of 1994 and 1995 and do something or other to prevent it from happening again.

Know that my knowledge about HVAC equipment has increased (thanx to many of you) I know realize what a crappy job he did.

Quote Originally Posted by RomulanSpy View Post
    Gee some of you read a lot into stuff.

Dang!
    No way!! I have never seen that happen here.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Sorry,some home owners think that way.If the building contracter is still using the hvac contractor after 15 years he probably knowes his work pretty well by know.

I've made few bones about that I like my Lennox/Armstrong straight A/C but the installation blew and swallowed.

We hired the building of our house in the summer of 1993. Ultimately should the blame for the crappy install go to the sub or the head.

My wife and I are certainly no experts when it comes to proper installs and sometimes bad things show up a few years later. I'm tempted to blame the Head Contractor, b/c there were some other...uh shortcuts.

Opinions?
    Well, if you ultimately hired these guys and signed off on the work (general contractor), then YOU are to blame. 15 years, sheesh. Its time to replace the system already..............

i have to question the ethics of the new contractor you have
    it is the easest thing to come in and bad mouth the last company and use scare tectics while doing so
    they also could be telling the truth but this sounds fishy to me

the system seems to have worked fine for fifteen years and you have been confortable for the same ammount of time

what is this thing that was missed and if it cooled and heated the way it was designed then who is to blame

show some pictures

Romulan Troll is more like it.

That's me

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Romulan Troll is more like it.
    when my word is disputed

I'll have to blame the installer. After all, it's 15 years down the road and it's still running.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I'll have to blame the installer. After all, it's 15 years down the road and it's still running.
    Yep, my thoughts exactly. I'd sell him a new system if he wanted, but c'mon, 15 YEARS!?!?! He got his moneys worth.

but the sub and the general said it was an "offshoot of Lennox" So I'm guessin', yes.
    My question was rhetorical. Lennox may have owned Armstrong in 1993, having purchased Armstrong in 1988, but Armstrong was not being manufactured by Lennox in 1993, it was still a different manufacturing plant.

Iteresting factoid I did not know, Dave Lennox bailed out of the company in 1904 after only 19 years in business. Attaboy Dave.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

The ducts are a maze of bad angles and strange bends, that's not me-that's 2 techs I've had out since I fired my installer from all work on my system. The only part that could be salvaged would be the trunk

There was a part laying beside the HE and AH that should have been installed in 1993 that caused the HE to get way too hot and to soot. My new tech could not believe he didn't install it, said we were lucky not to have to go the hospital or funeral home from CO.

Original installer had to come back gas it up in summers of 1994 and 1995 and do something or other to prevent it from happening again.

Know that my knowledge about HVAC equipment has increased (thanx to many of you) I know realize what a crappy job he did.
    I must say you certainly have learned enough to be able to articulate your problem in very technically detailed terms;

Bad angles and strange bends

"There was a part laying beside the HE and AH"

"do something or other"

I'm thinking that maybe you didn't escape the CO poisoning after all
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I would blame ANTS!!!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast