Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Condemning other Pros,if the shoe fits man,wear it!!,what I said;

Depending on the real issues,the OP could have a right to be upset.

Examples:

Undersized ducts,reduce capacity,coupled with an oversized system,in 15 years,a lot of extra money could have been spent.

Duct leakage from a poor install would add to the operating cost.

Improperly sized line set,lost capacity and equipment damage.

And the list could go on.Just because it "worked" for 15 years doesn't mean all was or is well.

There's a lot of "working" systems out there with issues,if you can find the issues and explain it well enough to the owner,there's a lot of extra work for your company.
    And it also could be nothing wrong with the system at all. You simply chose to go for the throat of the HVAC company. That is certainly your right to do so. I just prefer to not feed into the frenzy that HVAC contractors are bad people that cannot be trusted to do their job properly. But of course you don't see yourself as the problem, you see yourself as the solution; no matter who you have to tear down.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by hangfirew8 View Post
    My apologies, RoboTeq. I tried to go back and edit the post with the offer, but there is no Edit button there any more.

-HF
    Not a problem. Looks like we are understanding one another a little better as these posts continue.

I am also a consumer. I have also gone onto websites and went off on a product or service I felt did me wrongly. I know how easy it is to vent openly because of frustration.

I also want to help those who are frustrated. However; my main concern on this site is the overall image of my HVAC comrades in arms. HVAC is not the easiest job at times.

HVAC encompasses many trades and is not always cut and dry. What is good for the goose may be not so good for the gander when it comes to HVAC.

So please, give us the benefit of the doubt and try to not to make remarks about there being no decent HVAC people. This is an international site; you could be talking about one of us on this site.

He's trying to manage the anger and frustration of being ripped off. That results in troll-like behaviour, but I don't think that trolling is his primary desire.

Of course, I might be wrong...

-HF
    See, you wrote just about what I did before I read this post. I hope you are right about rommy, but it doesn't look good. Maybe dash can cure rommies ills.

He's trying to manage the anger and frustration of being ripped off. That results in troll-like behaviour, but I don't think that trolling is his primary desire.

Of course, I might be wrong...

-HF
    How on earth do you figure he was done wrong? I want some of what you're smoking. The install happened FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!

Romulan Spy has taken an interest in what we do and until proven otherwise deserves common courtisy. He is a teacher and so we should be teachers as well, and if not teachers at least advocates of good will. I'm as blue collar as anyone on this forum but he who angers you conquers you.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    Romulan Spy has taken an interest in what we do and until proven otherwise deserves common courtisy. He is a teacher and so we should be teachers as well, and if not teachers at least advocates of good will. I'm as blue collar as anyone on this forum but he who angers you conquers you.
    He's not trying to learn squat. He's needing a place to piss & moan about something that happened a decade and a half ago. If the install is not to his liking, then have a new system installed Monday. I'm not angry, just amazed about the "who to blame" issue after this amount of time.

I do like that "He who angers you, conquers you" line. My wife says that.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    Ahhh, blue collar philosophy. Red neck comedy may need to move over

I agree that we as HVAC professionals need to be courteous....to a degree. Rommie is getting a bit out of hand with strong accusations based on vague data about a 15 year old system. I mean, come on now; to obsess for 15 years to the point of only now wanting to fight for retribution? Can you imagine complaining about the uneven tire wear on your 1993 Chevette to General Motors?.....Now?

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I do like that "He who angers you, conquers you" line. My wife says that.
    I often use a variation of this saying; "the first one to get mad, loses".

I use this a lot when threads on this site get heated up. Just so everyone knows; I've never lost.

Yeah I had a co-worker tell me I was just like his wife years ago; we were arguing over the number of small business failures so I brought the statistics.
    I'll call ya when I start squating to pee.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I often use a variation of this saying; "the first one to get mad, loses".

I use this a lot when threads on this site get heated up. Just so everyone knows; I've never lost.
    We both know that this thread isn't even getting warm. And you're right, no need to get angry over things said over the INTERNET.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Ahhh, blue collar philosophy. Red neck comedy may need to move over

I agree that we as HVAC professionals need to be courteous....to a degree. Rommie is getting a bit out of hand with strong accusations based on vague data about a 15 year old system. I mean, come on now; to obsess for 15 years to the point of only now wanting to fight for retribution? Can you imagine complaining about the uneven tire wear on your 1993 Chevette to General Motors?.....Now?
    And just how does he know that there might be something wrong? This site, you and your constintuients. So now why lambaste the man?

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    We both know that this thread isn't even getting warm. And you're right, no need to get angry over things said over the INTERNET.
    In comparison to some threads, this one is kinda warm and fuzzy

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast