Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The BBB isn't going to do anything.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Big question???? Was this job or the whole job inspected? Was there permits taken out for the job? I have seen and been on jobs where permits were taken out for, but no inspections ever made through the job. Not even a final. Your local inspections department should have record of permits and inspections. If they did inspect and pass the job, you can go after them too. If there are no records of permits and/or inspections, invite them in!

You can't go after the inspector !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by machery View Post
    Big question???? Was this job or the whole job inspected? Was there permits taken out for the job? I have seen and been on jobs where permits were taken out for, but no inspections ever made through the job. Not even a final. Your local inspections department should have record of permits and inspections. If they did inspect and pass the job, you can go after them too. If there are no records of permits and/or inspections, invite them in!

Now your talking about making a down payment for some lawyers girlfriend new apartment !!! (So she want tell his wife.....)

The inspector is not at fault.... the inspector is not "Licensed" !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenny mac View Post

Now your talking about making a down payment for some lawyers girlfriend new apartment !!! (So she want tell his wife.....)

The inspector is not at fault.... the inspector is not "Licensed" !!!
    Why not??? I have seen it done before. I have seen a few inspectors in the hot seat for passing things that should have never passed. You are correct on the inspector not being licenced, but If it was inspected, the locality or agency has to answer to or stand behind their "ruleing" or whatever you want to call it. That's part of the reason we have inspections. It gives us some backing in the event someone wants to complain. They have to answer to it as well.

In PA, 2 inspectors were sued personnaly, along with the township they worked for.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by superdave44 View Post
    I think Teddy Bear nailed this issue. The biggest problem from oversizing results in high humidity leading to mold and other health related issues. Take the $10,000 lawyer money and get a good contractor to install a whole house dehumidifier and feed yourself instead of the lawyer.
    mold?? has it been lab tested? otherwise its substance

i would take the 10 grand and install the correct size system all new duct work, because we all know that if there is substance in the home its in the duct too

then if dehumidifier is still needed it can work efficiently in conjuction with the proerly sized system
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

As long as you do all the proper investigations of all persons who are responsible for this fiasco along with the contractor, building inspector, owner who employs the contractor if it applies, and check on the permits and send letters to all involved as well as keep copies of everything you write and send to others for your personal file and when you go to court you will have everything in your file. You may want to copy a few of the post here but only the ones that apply to the situation as to what should have been done and things that any contractor should have done regardless of where a contractor works (Standard Operating precedure) or SOP's as there referred to you should be able to save the lawyer for more important things as I believe that as long as you do your homework there really shouldn't be any need to have one, But if you feel unsure of yourself you may still want to do all the work you can yourself and have one to file all the proper motions to ensure things on that end are done the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave44 View Post
    I think Teddy Bear nailed this issue. The biggest problem from oversizing results in high humidity leading to mold and other health related issues. Take the $10,000 lawyer money and get a good contractor to install a whole house dehumidifier and feed yourself instead of the lawyer.
    Heh.

It only costs 1 or 2 hours of lawyer time to have a lawyer send a firmly worded letter, with all of the homeowner's research included, not $10K. Besides, losers pay lawyer's fee if a court case does go the distance, which is unlikely. The prospect of paying for the homeowner's lawyer PLUS a new system will quickly have the installer paying for just the new system. Unless they choose to leave town instead, which is another desirable outcome.

You also seem to feel that short system life and high electric bills (made higher by adding another electric air quality unit) is an OK outcome. I don't agree with that, either. Forget about adding a dehumidifier band-aid, high electric bills and short life, have a lawyer send a letter and have the HVAC "pro" do a proper job and forget about living with their mistakes.

When I had a general contractor/sub-contractor dispute, one hour's worth of lawyer consultation was the best money I ever spent. It saved me about 75 times what it cost me for his fee, plus uncounted aggravation. I knew exactly what to say, what to do, and when, and the dispute was resolved quickly.

-HF

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    The BBB isn't going to do anything.
    Roger that.

All the vendor has to do is, once a month say they have been in contact with the customer and are working on the problem, and they are golden. Whether that is true or not is another matter.

The BBB exists to collect member fees from the businesses that support them. So, who are they beholden too?

-HF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12