Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice- Oversized System & Bad Installation

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave44 View Post
    I think Teddy Bear nailed this issue. The biggest problem from oversizing results in high humidity leading to mold and other health related issues. Take the $10,000 lawyer money and get a good contractor to install a whole house dehumidifier and feed yourself instead of the lawyer.
    Heh.

It only costs 1 or 2 hours of lawyer time to have a lawyer send a firmly worded letter, with all of the homeowner's research included, not $10K. Besides, losers pay lawyer's fee if a court case does go the distance, which is unlikely. The prospect of paying for the homeowner's lawyer PLUS a new system will quickly have the installer paying for just the new system. Unless they choose to leave town instead, which is another desirable outcome.

You also seem to feel that short system life and high electric bills (made higher by adding another electric air quality unit) is an OK outcome. I don't agree with that, either. Forget about adding a dehumidifier band-aid, high electric bills and short life, have a lawyer send a letter and have the HVAC "pro" do a proper job and forget about living with their mistakes.

When I had a general contractor/sub-contractor dispute, one hour's worth of lawyer consultation was the best money I ever spent. It saved me about 75 times what it cost me for his fee, plus uncounted aggravation. I knew exactly what to say, what to do, and when, and the dispute was resolved quickly.

-HF

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    The BBB isn't going to do anything.
    Roger that.

All the vendor has to do is, once a month say they have been in contact with the customer and are working on the problem, and they are golden. Whether that is true or not is another matter.

The BBB exists to collect member fees from the businesses that support them. So, who are they beholden too?

-HF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in