Hybrid View

Confused XL800 and/or Comfort-R?

The way I understand is Comfort-R is setup on the furnace board (?) 50% for 1 min, 80% for 7.5min...etc. What does tstat XL800 do in this case? Just wondering who is telling whom to turn on and run for <b>T</b> amount time for <b>S</b> fan speed??

Air filter: the contractor is selling Natures Home Micro power Guard (electronic air cleaner), some of pro here think it's screwy A friend of mine has one of those thick MERV 7-10 filter seem to work well enough... what is a good size filter to have?

okay, I think I have too many question better stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohouse View Post
    The way I understand is Comfort-R is setup on the furnace board (?) 50% for 1 min, 80% for 7.5min...etc. What does tstat XL800 do in this case?
    Nothing, just turns on the A/C or heat, and if the model is the XL803, it will only "Over cool" the home up to 3˚ to try to get the humidity in the home below set point.

Just wondering who is telling whom to turn on and run for amount time for fan speed??
    The stat is telling nothing for fan speed, just the board is doing that when Comfort-R is turned on, and wired up for it.

If you want a better humidity control, look into the Honeywell IAQ stat that will keep the blower at 80% speed till the humidity is below set point, and if the humidity is 5% over set point then it will try to over cool.

Air filter: the contractor is selling Natures Home Micro power Guard (electronic air cleaner), some of pro here think it's screwy
    Yeah, walk a way from that style of filter system.. Not worth the money/hassle.

A friend of mine has one of those thick MERV 7-10 filter seem to work well enough... what is a good size filter to have?
    The 4" media is best, easy to take care of.. Change out filter once or twice a year. I have the Honeywell F200 model, also Air Bear is a good media, or AprilAire.

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Nothing, just turns on the A/C or heat, and if the model is the XL803, it will only "Over cool" the home up to 3˚ to try to get the humidity in the home below set point.

The stat is telling nothing for fan speed, just the board is doing that when Comfort-R is turned on, and wired up for it.

If you want a better humidity control, look into the Honeywell IAQ stat that will keep the blower at 80% speed till the humidity is below set point, and if the humidity is 5% over set point then it will try to over cool.

Yeah, walk a way from that style of filter system.. Not worth the money/hassle.

The 4" media is best, easy to take care of.. Change out filter once or twice a year. I have the Honeywell F200 model, also Air Bear is a good media, or AprilAire.
    What he said.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Nothing beats a space guard when I replaced my furnace a few years back at that time it was 17 years old and always had a space guard filter in front of it .If you would had looked at my blower wheel and motor it still looked brand new.Comfort r what a great way to dehumidify but don't forget to jumper Y to O or it will not ramp up to 100% speed.

thank you for the reply everyone. the reason I even ask is because the "special" they are running which place the electronic air cleaner within *$100 of have a pre-made media box installed in it's place. so I figure if it works why not get a better product... maybe not?

Mayguy: I was told it's a XL802 not sure if that will have the 3 degree of difference.

I got quote for VS 2 stage 95% and a 1 stage 13 sheer A/C I was told it will only need 5 wires for the TSTAT (XL802) does that sound correct?

jumper Y to O
    if I decide to go with Trane I'll have to look into this jumper issue, because saw a few post about it. Do you know if there is a manual I can read so I can verify while installer set the jumper? or maybe the location of the jumper would help. So the Comfort-R can be turn on or off?

* price difference not the price of the item.

Smile

You can turn on or off comfort r by dip switches #5 and # 6

Quote Originally Posted by Ohouse View Post
    "special" they are running which place the electronic air cleaner within *$100 of have a pre-made media box installed in it's place. so I figure if it works why not get a better product... maybe not?
    Go for the Media system.

I was told it's a XL802 not sure if that will have the 3 degree of difference.
    That model won't have humidity control.
    I got quote for VS 2 stage 95% and a 1 stage 13 SEER A/C I was told it will only need 5 wires for the TSTAT (XL802) does that sound correct?
    5 wire can be used, but you will be using the battery, and won't be able to have the back light left on. ( A good night light) If 6 wires is used, then the "C" (Common) wire will be used, and with that you won't need to depend on the battery, and able to use the back light on the stat.

Do you know if there is a manual I can read so I can verify while installer set the jumper? or maybe the location of the jumper would help. So the Comfort-R can be turn on or off?
    The Dealer should leave the install/owners manual behind when they are done with the job. If they don't, ask for it.. They are yours.