Thread: Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for all the help, directly replying to my threads and replying to everyones that I have read. I am going with a 2 ton Trane system

XR13 2 ton Air Conditioner
    2/4 TEE Variable Speed Airhandler
    8KW heat strip
    Programmable Therm TCONT800

The guy I went with emailed me the J calc and went over everything very well. The electric is being done next Wednesday and unit going in after that. Thanks for all your help and wish me good luck.

Going with R-410A? Looks like you found a company you are confident in. Not a bad setup. The 4TWR3024A1000A puts out more heat than the 2TWR3024A1000A.

thanks

I am doing R22. As for the heating element I do not know the difference, but this unit is just for the upstairs, I have a gas furnace for the first floor and the basement.

Thanks again.

Not a big problem going with a R-22 system, but why not R-410A (just curious)?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Might be a bad decision,time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    I was going to ask the same thing. If you are doing a whole system replacement, now is really the time to get away from r-22. You should familiarize yourself with the r-22 phase out that is currently underway, and whats its going to mean to you as a consumer.

thanks

I am a resident and will only be in the home 4 years, and at the most 5. We bought the house and thought the a/c was going to work fine. The previous owners did not let us know that the second floor stayed approx 12 degrees warmer and is unbearable at the moment without a window unit.

We love the house, but are unwilling to put any more money into it. And I am aware of the phase out, but when I sell the house the unit will only be 4-5 years old and people will still be able to get the R22 even if it is more money.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by mccar012 View Post
    I am a resident and will only be in the home 4 years, and at the most 5. We bought the house and thought the a/c was going to work fine. The previous owners did not let us know that the second floor stayed approx 12 degrees warmer and is unbearable at the moment without a window unit.

We love the house, but are unwilling to put any more money into it. And I am aware of the phase out, but when I sell the house the unit will only be 4-5 years old and people will still be able to get the R22 even if it is more money.
    The Pros can't argee,so like I said,time will tell.

Several years ago ,on this site,the majority said 410 would never be the replacement for R22,go figure!

We can't discuss price specifics on this board, but I can tell you that the difference between an xr13 r-22 system and an xr13 410a system is negligible. Have you asked your installer about the price difference between the two? I hate to sound like a broken record here, but if you were my customer I would be strongly recommending you make the change now.