Confused Is it OK to keep the existing evap. coil for R-410A with the new condensing unit?

My home has a split A/C system. The condensing unit is outside and the furnace and evap coil is inside the house. The evap coil was replaced on March 2008 with Trane model # 2TXCC049BC3HCAA. I need to replace the condensing unit with a new Trane unit model # 4TRR3048A100A that uses R-410A refrigerant. My existing system uses R-22. My question is: Is it OK to keep the existing evap. coil for R-410A with the new condensing unit? The A/C tech said if adding Thermal Expansion Valve (TXV) to the indoor coil and a suction drier , evacuate the current refrigerant ,clean both coil , the exiting evap.coil will work with r-410A.
    The other A/C tech told me I need replace existing Evap.coil to matched with condenser. Who is right?

very much appreciate your opinions:

Quote Originally Posted by skyward View Post
    My home has a split A/C system. The condensing unit is outside and the furnace and evap coil is inside the house. The evap coil was replaced on March 2008 with Trane model # 2TXCC049BC3HCAA. I need to replace the condensing unit with a new Trane unit model # 4TRR3048A100A that uses R-410A refrigerant. My existing system uses R-22. My question is: Is it OK to keep the existing evap. coil for R-410A with the new condensing unit? The A/C tech said if adding Thermal Expansion Valve (TXV) to the indoor coil and a suction drier , evacuate the current refrigerant ,clean both coil , the exiting evap.coil will work with r-410A.
    The other A/C tech told me I need replace existing Evap.coil to matched with condenser. Who is right?

very much appreciate your opinions:
    You could retrofit the coil with a new R410A expansion valve but I would think the labor involved would outway the cost of a new coil being slid into place.

And did he tell you he would come back to remove the suction filter drier after a couple days.

You could just get an R22 condenser.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

If I had the new 2TXC coil, I'd just do what been said, get the R22 outdoor unit.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    We have done several conversions,22 to 410 coil,no issues.In our area it's heat pump air handlers ,sometimes VS,not just the coil.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    We have done several conversions,22 to 410 coil,no issues.In our area it's heat pump air handlers ,sometimes VS,not just the coil.

As long as all the oil can be removed from lines. Alkylbenzene doesn't mix to well with POE. Triple evacuation and very dry (low microns) required.

iwould also ask for the r22 condensor and also you might still be able to get the 10 year parts and labor on the coil

Thank you all for your help, We installed r-22 outdoor unit.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Are you saying that your company regularly installs R410a heat pumps to existing R22 coils, and you have no issues? Your post is a bit difficult for me to understand.