Confused Installed Indoor Evaporator Coil Question

Help,

Approx 2yrs ago, had a Bryant evaporator coil leak (Had a Bryant CK3 model indoor coil w/ Bryant outdoor Puron unit). Unnamed Company came out & replaced coil w/ a Carrier CNR model coil (though i was not told this initially or i would have requested a Bryant coil) which is found to be R22 compatible. Unnamed company also talked me into purchasing a float switch and replaced the schrader valve. Home and unit was 2yrs old at time of problem. Knew nothing of the 5yr warranty for the condensor and paid full price for coil & installation. Company took old Bryant coil and said nothing of possibly being reimbursed for the faulty coil.

Have had problems every summer since w/ some cooling. Now I find that the Carrier coil is not compatible w/ Puron system (was told this by new company who was called in by home shield warranty services). Company who installed said they have only a 365 day warranty on parts/labor. Insurance comp now won't cover the new install due to "installer error".

Didnt mention unnamed company came to residence last yr (on 07/28) for problems w/ air and only cleaned outdoor coil.

I've read up on issue and done a little more homework since replacing all of the info. I know I was burned, but is there anything I can do about it (small claims court, civil, etc)??

Now i'm stuck w/ $400 + electric bill and a unit that won't cool under 78 degrees while I weigh my options.

Any suggestions??? Help Please..

TX homeowner

Carrier and Bryant are the exact same coils. Somebody just forgot to pull the sticker off yours. Carrier coils leak. You just need to pay somebody to come and figure out the problem and fix it.

thx for reply, I paid someone to come out who advised the carrier coil was not compatible w/ the puron system that I have and that was causing the problem. Also said that the Coil would not be covered under warranty due to installer error (supposed answer to cooling problem).

You can not use a R22 coil for puron if it has R22 TXV. Carrier and Bryant are the exact same company. Why did it take 365 days to figure out unit was not working. If you feel betrayed call company and talk to manager.

Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    You can not use a R22 coil for puron if it has R22 TXV. Carrier and Bryant are the exact same company. Why did it take 365 days to figure out unit was not working. If you feel betrayed call company and talk to manager.
    I agree' "WOW"

Call the unnamed company, and askl them to make it right.
    If they say they won't do it.
    have your lawyer send them a letter. That you are going to sue them for causing the voiding of your warranty,
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I think you're getting hosed by both companies. If I'm not mistaken, the CK series coils are compatible with either refrigerant. You just have to either install the proper piston to match the outdoor unit or TXV valve to match the outside unit. They do not come with a TXV valve on them. You have to externally mount them and purchase them separately. CK coils are also notorious leakers no matter what refrigerant they run. If it is within its 5 year warranty, Carrier should have no problem warrantying it for the coil to run whatever refrigerant you have.