Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Is the Rheem air handler the less then three foot tall model?

Cleaning the coil properly ,if it's impacted ,will require removing it.

From all you have said,you need a pro to evaluate the system and ducts.

yes cleaner

was used and I think what you said made the most sense. I believe it is sized for 20 degrees and believe me I use the el cheapo thin filters in the summer the 3m's have all kind of air restriction. My house is up for sale and whenever it sales I will building a new one, can you or anyone give me some insight on you guys think is the best brand in terms of durability and efficiency. I know around here have carrier, bryant, lennox, rheem and probably the biggest heating and cooling business tries to really promote amana. Thanks for any help.

Filter type

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    It may have been sized to only do 20 cooler then outdoor temp. If so, what you are experiencing is normal.

You said the coils were cleaned in spring. Do you remember them carring cleaner in to clean the coils.

Your return grille is small. Your return duct may be undersized also. So adding another return may help. But could also cause a noise problem if your supplies are undersized also.

What type of air filter are you using, hopefully, not a 3M filtrete in that small filter grille.
    beenthere: I'm using a 3M filtrete (the least restrictive type) in a 20X30 return....is that a problem? Should I use the less retrictive and less expensive fiberglass filter? Thanks ....VA GENT

Manual J shows Decatur Alabamas' summer design temp at 93f, with the recommended indoor design temp at 75f with 50 to 55% humidity. In other words, when its over 100 out, and you want it down to 72, then you are running the system outside of its design conditions, and it very well may be just having a hard time trying to keep up. Your single return is not helping and looks to be slightly undersized. For a 3 ton system you should have a minimum of 600 inches of area for your return grille.

I would also add that while comfort levels differ between people, I just have to say DANG 72 is cold! The first thing you should do is turn up your t-stat a few degrees. save a few kilowatts ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by VA GENT View Post
    beenthere: I'm using a 3M filtrete (the least restrictive type) in a 20X30 return....is that a problem? Should I use the less retrictive and less expensive fiberglass filter? Thanks ....VA GENT
    You might want to try the cheaper pleated air filters. The type that have pleats that are rounded, not sharp edges. They are as restrictive, and still provide better filtration then the fiberglass type.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by hotinthesouth View Post
    was used and I think what you said made the most sense. I believe it is sized for 20 degrees and believe me I use the el cheapo thin filters in the summer the 3m's have all kind of air restriction. My house is up for sale and whenever it sales I will building a new one, can you or anyone give me some insight on you guys think is the best brand in terms of durability and efficiency. I know around here have carrier, bryant, lennox, rheem and probably the biggest heating and cooling business tries to really promote amana. Thanks for any help.
    Nothing wrong with any of the brands you listed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

What brand and style of filter or you using?
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12