Koch Refrigerator???

anybody ever heard of KOCH refrigerators? i think they were bought out by hobart in the early 50's. i actually have a customer who wants me to install a new comp. in one. i'm trying to convince him it's a waste of time. help me out old timers.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Do what the customer wants, it is his money.

I would install a new evap the same time, the coil is the same as the Hobarts i believe. AE4440 AXA compressor i think will work well.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Koch is a good box.

I have some still out there and never give me a problem.

I would install the compressor in a heart beat.

koch was what hobart had. Same basic design and not much changes till they went to traulsen units.

i guess the reason i'm balking is the copper is practically falling apart, brittle and a torch melts it like butter. i guess if i put it in it will be without a warranty. when is the last time a reach in was branded koch? koch website says they sold off refrigeration division in 1949.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington