Sanyo 24000BTU split system

Hi I am in the process of replacing a 24000 btu split system. I am considering a Sanyo unit being that I have heard many good things about these units. However, the one problem I am having is they recommend putting the inside unit 6 inches from the ceiling and I only have an inch or so to spear. Do you think this would create a problem? I would appreciate any feed back I can get. Thanks for your help!!

Will this create a problem? Maybe, maybe not. They have their specs for a reason. What happens if it's closer than that and there's a problem? That's something you'd have to work out with the contractor. Some would hang their warranty hat on the "install not according to spec".
    I only sell Fujitsu. Their minimum spec is something like 2" from the ceiling. In rooms that have limited space over doorways, or rooms with soffits around the inside, I have installed them up tight against the ceiling, and they work great. I have a couple that are so tight I had to notch out the bracket to get them to fit. They all work great. Sometimes you do what you gotta do. That minimum ceiling spec is one of many reasons I signed up with Fujitsu. I let customers know there may be a loss of efficiency, but if there has been, I or my customers have not been able to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraM521 View Post
    However, the one problem I am having is they recommend putting the inside unit 6 inches from the ceiling and I only have an inch or so to spear. Do you think this would create a problem? I would appreciate any feed back I can get. Thanks for your help!!
    You need to contact the manfacturer, and/or get a copy of the install manual for the unit. That has all the clearance information you need.

-HF

We'll let me tell you a little secret. If it's going to be difficult for a service technician to service the equipment. Than it's definitely going to be a problem.