Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Congress and their waste of taxpayers time!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/...ery/index.html
    House poised to apologize for slavery, Jim Crow

So, they don't have anything more important to be working on than this???!!!
    Here is yet another 'non-binding resolution' they've wasted even more of the taxpayer's money on.
    What next? Apologize to any Martians we may possibly affected with our space trash, just in case Martians do exist? There seems to be no end to the ways congress can pass time doing absolutely nothing worth the money they are paid.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Hey, let's just apologize to Mexico for not making them part of our country! Then, there wouldn't be any illegal Mexicans here, they'd all be U.S. Citizens. Let's apologize to the U.K. for that nasty little war back in the 1700's too--goodness knows there were hard feelings over that. And, we should think about all those other little acts we should apologize for. Doesn't matter that we didn't do it (those involved are ALL dead) and none of them are still alive....Let's have all the Southern states draft an apology to the Northern states and vice versa. Golly, there should be years of mindless work still available to Congress if this is what they do all day!!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Which side will Obama be on? There were probably slave owners in his white ancestry and possibly slaves in his black ancestry. Will he be an apologizer or apology receiver?

Well, what do you expect from a congress that has the lowest approval rating in history, even lower than GW...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    But it "feels" good.

Just what we need right now, a Congressional enema.........
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    ZZZZzzzziiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

"just relax, you might feel a little discomfort............."

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    But it "feels" good.
    See my previous post.

It's the voting public's fault.......they keep electing Democrats......then ***** about "San Francisco Values". Ya reap what you sow......people need to get a clue...
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

I apologized to my slaves years ago. Then I told them to get back to work and cut their food rations for not being productive while I was apologizing to them.

The satire here is that I, nor no other American still alive, has kept slaves to apologize for and no Black American alive has ever been a slave to apologize to.

Hey Mics, we are sorry for treating you so badly when you fled to our country to avoid starvation in Ireland. Hey Jews, we are sorry for causing you guys greif over your religious beliefs when you fled from your home countries to be able to practice your faith. Hey White South Africans, oh; you are White; no need for anyone to apologize to you for being run out of your country of birth after having all of your property burned out because you are White. Hey Japs....sorry, hey Germans....sorry, Hey everybody who feels like they have been offended, except you Whities.....SORRY!

Now, can we please get back to trying to get along by not constantly pointing out bad things we have done to each other in the past?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/...ery/index.html
    House poised to apologize for slavery, Jim Crow

So, they don't have anything more important to be working on than this???!!!
    Consider the fact that as our Congress spends more time apologizing, they have less time spending our taxes on earmarks.

Actually, that's one of the few other things they actually worked on in the month of July. They were able to overcome a motion (by a Republican) to table all earmarks. Imaging that--can't do a dad blamed thing about the $$ spent on oil/gas, waste our money and time playing the apology game, and the only other thing they can do is override the protests about errant spending...yep, politics as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    I am working on pipe size calculations for a 10,000 GPM pump.
    I need to get the power requirements so I can tell how big of a generator we'll need.

Could some one work on the hazerdous waste transporation permit?
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast