Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Why does Goodman get a bad rap?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Plus; the benefits of demand defrost in no way outweigh the problems the HVAC industry has had with them.
    One manufacturer has had fewer problems with its demand defrost system over the last 20ish years than is typical for the time/temp systems most use.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Don't know who makes the board for that brand but they sure do a good job. Rheem & ICP used Ranco for demand defrost, the DDL wasn't the most reliable thing. ICP went back to timed, Rheem stayed with it. Overall I think they got the bugs out of it. The new Ranco boards with diagnostics and lockouts had a few bugs but failures are pretty rare.

Then there's the board Lennox & Allied used. On Air Ease, they only have a low pressure switch, the HP terminals are jumped. Yet we keep going out to find units locked out on high pressure. Finally learned from the factory that the board was programmed wrong. The indicator LEDs reported the opposite of what happened

Ought to hear a neighborhood full of cheap builder heat pumps on a cold night. Those timed boards go in & out constantly. Can get pretty noisy especially with a scroll screaming.

Post Likes
    I have always felt Goodman gets a bad rap because:
    1. the wrong people are improperly sizing equipment AND installing using too small of ductwork.
    2. Goodman does NOT advertize while the others do and the price difference is why the OTHERS CANNOT COMPETE!
    3. Somebody will always pick on the:
    best/ lowest priced/ compeditor

It is just human nature to put down your competition when you cannot match their pricing...
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post

Not sure who you calling ignorant,so I'll pass on commenting.
    I got a chuckle out of your being ready to take offense over being called ignorant but are ok with the obnoxious part...

By ignorant, I am referring strickly to the absence of knowledge. For example, when "ignorant" poster makes a statement that Goodman only has great warranties because Goodman does not honor them. That would be someone who simply has no knowledge of what he/she is talking about.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    One manufacturer has had fewer problems with its demand defrost system over the last 20ish years than is typical for the time/temp systems most use.
    May be for the demand defrost, but I have had to change out an awful lot of that brands boards for overheating circuits that are only apparent when you take the darned things out and look at the back of them
    Training is important!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Well,I 'm not ignorant!

Obnoxious,can't say I've never been.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Well,I 'm not ignorant!

Obnoxious,can't say I've never been.
    Interesting. I am ignorant of a lot of things. I just assumed that no one knew everything and therefore everyone was ignorant of something. I've just never come across someone who is not ignorant of anything. Sorry I've misunderstood just how perfect you are dash.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Robo and Dash the two of you are held in fairly lofty regions on this board and I beleive in the industry. So the question that begs to be asked is What the hell are you two trying to accomplish? This is the public forum correct?

And I truly hope this isn't like getting between a husband and wife fighting.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    It's worse. Dash has been wanting me for several years now but has not had the nerve to leave his wife. I got tired of waiting and got married myself a year and a half ago. Dash is still having some issues over my no longer being available. It's a real emotional mess

I have to say what I did because I'm not allowed to refer to blue ovals
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Interesting. I am ignorant of a lot of things. I just assumed that no one knew everything and therefore everyone was ignorant of something. I've just never come across someone who is not ignorant of anything. Sorry I've misunderstood just how perfect you are dash.
    You in your ignorance have a point there.However you accusation of ignorance wasn't qualified and you as usual are twisting the words of others,even though you are admittedly ignorant,amazing isn't it.

Post Likes
    It's worse. Dash has been wanting me for several years now but has not had the nerve to leave his wife. I got tired of waiting and got married myself a year and a half ago. Dash is still having some issues over my no longer being available. It's a real emotional mess

I have to say what I did because I'm not allowed to refer to blue ovals
    You of all people should think before bringing my family into this.

I don't doubt you confessed love of men ,just not mutual,how many times do you have to be told?Geesh some men??,just don't take being rejected well.

Blue Ovals rock,nobody told me not to mention them,do you have that envy of being in the Blue Oval Club flaring up again??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    Robo and Dash the two of you are held in fairly lofty regions on this board and I beleive in the industry. So the question that begs to be asked is What the hell are you two trying to accomplish? This is the public forum correct?

Long history,just burst his bubble about air flow,Puron and the list goes on,to many times years ago,search that site that has the really old threads,if you want to see it,and I'm sure you don't.

I did that search ,and was tempted to post some,but thought better of it.

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 11-08-2013 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Non Pro * member

Post Likes
    makemice1976, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in