Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I'll second that

Goodmana, my main line

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    try it on a GSH then, the distributor and outlet header are right in front of the hole where the wires go, on the one I did it was damn near impossible to get the wires back in and hold the top up by yourself, they also zip tie the wires to the coil, very stupid design IMO

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I was thinking of the split systems.
    Amana has it, Goodman doesn't, or didn't.
    Sorry about that, I didnt know you were refering to the split

It is funny

Quote Originally Posted by tdlaskaris View Post
    Goodman is bad because.... they're not! Other than American Standard/Trane which make their own compressors with their no good rotolock fittings, everyone else is just an importer of Copeland, Tecumseh, or Bristol (compressors), General Electric, A.O Smith, Emerson, etc (condenser fans), and so on. They (Goodman) still use copper coils which is better than aluminum (yeah I know Trane, it has better heat transfer, more like cheap $ especially with the wire brushes surrounding it). Service valves made primarly by Parker on all Brands. So what is it that makes them bad? Nothing other than as mentioned, the installers that lack knowledge or desire of doing the job right.
    Does goodman make a true ECM Blower and ventor motor?

You don't want to be the maytag man on TV. Home owners wanting to show how easy it is to find a unit on the internet then someone on Craigslist to install a system for 400.00 keeps everyone's bills paid.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy37 View Post
    Sorry about that, I didnt know you were refering to the split
    No problem.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    Does goodman make a true ECM Blower and ventor motor?
    No, and neither does Carrier.
    Contractor locator map

R U speculating

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    No, and neither does Carrier.
    Who is talking about Carrier, we r talking about goodman and I should have worded that a little different does goodman install true ECM blower and ventor motors, Whats up with that so called board.

Yes, they use true ECM motors. Atleast in their blowers.
    Contractor locator map

I am new to the industry and the old union guys just blow you off when you talk about goodman. The company I used to work for put in 185 units in an apartment to condo conversion and not one bad start. I put two trane units in a big fancy spec house cause they wanted the name. Right out of the box there was a bad inducer motor. Not two mention to replace a goodman control board cost xxx bucks (Change due to flood) and a carrier board is over xxx.
    Last edited by jrbenny; 07-31-2008 at 01:24 PM.

Goodman has its place

Quote Originally Posted by oldpizzaguy View Post
    I am new to the industry and the old union guys just blow you off when you talk about goodman. The company I used to work for put in 185 units in an apartment to condo conversion and not one bad start. I put two trane units in a big fancy spec house cause they wanted the name. Right out of the box there was a bad inducer motor. Not two mention to replace a goodman control board cost xxx bucks (Change due to flood) and a carrier board is over xxx.

In the outhouse or garage. Is goodman related to fraser johnson.

Fraser Johnson is a York product. While there are some cabinetry differences, most manufactures of HVAC equipment have comparable models that basicly use the same components. If the components are not literally exactly the same vendored items, they are merely variations of the same components that are being used by other equipment manufacturers. Other then the variable speed blower, two stage compressor and possibly inverter technology, there really hasn't been much technological innovation in the HVAC industry.

With government mandated efficiency ratings and general application needs, there really just isn't much difference in any of the comparably featured systems on the market.

Last Reply

Goodmans with there self install kit are usually the easiest to get online. There pricing is also the most reasonable that I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by oldpizzaguy View Post
    I am new to the industry and the old union guys just blow you off when you talk about goodman. The company I used to work for put in 185 units in an apartment to condo conversion and not one bad start. I put two trane units in a big fancy spec house cause they wanted the name. Right out of the box there was a bad inducer motor. Not two mention to replace a goodman control board cost xx bucks (Change due to flood) and a carrier board is over xxx.
    You shouldnt be talking about parts pricing!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast